𝐁𝐀𝐃

.⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

SHIBUYA, TOKYO 2005

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

THE SUNLIGHT FILTERS through the dusty windows, casting a warm glow over the empty classroom.

you're sitting across from shoko, the only sounds are the occasional rustle of papers and the distant buzz of the school.

suddenly, the door swings open with a creak, and yaga-sensei voice booms,

"why are the two of you alone in here?"

the tranquility shatters like glass under a hammer. both you and shoko snap your heads towards the door, eyes wide with surprise.

you open your mouth to respond, but the words catch in your throat, the weight of his gaze pinning you down like a specimen under glass as shoko's eyes flicker to you.

before either of you can muster a reply, yaga continues, his voice less harsh now, more formal, "i'm sending the two of you off on a mission." he steps further into the room.

"there's been reports of a cursed spirit causing trouble in the northern sector of the city," he explains, his eyes scanning both of you, ensuring you're absorbing every detail. "it's been attacking civilians, and we can't let it continue."

"you'll need to work together to track it down and eliminate it before it can do more harm," yaga adds, pulling out a folder stuffed with papers and tossing it onto the desk in front of you. "everything you need to know is in there. be prepared to leave within the hour."

as yaga turns on his heel and exits the room, the silence settles once more.

the quiet of the room is a stark contrast to the scenes captured within the case file you open.

shoko's reaction is immediate, a visceral "ew," as the gruesome scene within the photos becomes apparent.

the images are a brutal juxtaposition to the earlier innocence of the four junior high girls, now reduced to mere subjects of a horrific act.

you can't help but feel a cold shiver as you read the details—the crimes committed in a tight seven-day window, a time when the excitement of a graduation trip to tokyo should have been the only memory they carried back. none of the girls were from the city, which explained the delayed alarm from parents and local authorities.

at the train station, it is alive with activity as you and shoko arrive, the grim images from the case still fresh in your mind. you sneak another look at the photos, ensuring no one around you can see, but the sight of the bodies, almost unrecognizable, elicits a deep sense of disgust, your expression contorting in revulsion.

settling into the train, shoko leans in conspiratorially, her voice barely above a whisper.

"[name], wanna hear a secret?" she asks, drawing you in with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

you nod slowly, your curiosity piqued.

"suguru plucks his eyebrows," she reveals.

you're left momentarily speechless, unsure of how to react to this unexpected tidbit.

she continues, "caught him red-handed."

the mental image of suguru plucking his eyebrows lingers in your mind, and you snort slightly at the idea.

as you step off the train, a familiar figure catches your eye.

"utahime-senpai!" you call out excitedly, the sight of her in her miko attire bringing a sense of comfort amidst the chaos of the day.