𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 | 𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐌𝐈 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐏𝐓. 𝟑

.⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

ATAMI, SHIZUOKA 2005

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

THE WORLD SLOWS to a gentle sway as you step onto the dock, the boat's engine quieting behind you. your feet find the rhythm of the earth again, the soft give of sand replacing the rocking waves.

the air is sweet with the scent of salt and blooming flora, wrapping around you like a warm embrace as you walk side by side along the shoreline. the ocean glistens, as if the stars had fallen and made the ocean their new home.

"what are you thinking about?" you break the silence.

his face blooms into a smile, the kind that reaches his eyes, "i'm really happy right now."

"about what?" you tease, the words floating between you like sea foam.

he scrunches his face in mock annoyance, before his laughter rings out again, clear and bright, "i like you." the words are simple, but they send a rush of warmth to your cheeks.

"what?" he teases with a sly grin, "you aren't going to say it back, [name]-tan?"

you can't help but laugh, a soft, melodious sound that mingles with the lapping waves.

"what?" you echo, the nickname sweet as syrup on his tongue.

shaking your head with a closed-eyed smile, you reply, "i give in," your voice a whisper of contentment, "i like you too, sato-chan."

˚˖𓍢ִ໋˚˚୨🦢୧⋆。⊹˚. ♡ྀི

the room greets you with a hush, the air still with anticipation.

your shoes slip off without a thought, left behind as you tumble forward into the embrace of the bed. the comforters yield beneath you, a soft cloud swallowing your frame.

your cheeks burn with the secret heat of a blush—actually processing the moment from before.

his face lingers in your mind's eye, the closeness that set your senses alight, the way his sunglasses lifted to reveal the truth in his gaze just before the tender brush of his lips against yours.

your fingers graze your lips, a whisper of touch, as if the softness of the kiss could be captured, remembered.

"i'm going crazy," the words tumble out, a soft laugh to the empty room, as you rise to meet your own gaze in the mirror.

you stand, moving closer, leaning on the vanity table. the beach's embrace has left its mark on you; your hair a bit frizzy due to the ocean's humidity. and your cheeks, touched by the sun, now wear a constellation of faint, sun-kissed freckles.

"does he really like me?" you as your reflection—and she stares back at you with the same amount of curiosity and doubt in your eyes.

the thoughts swirl, a relentless tide, each wave whispering doubts and maybes.

does he like you?

you try to shake it off, to let it fall away unnoticed—you have a reputation, an image, "japan's sweetheart," but it feels so distant now.

your hands rise to your face, palms delivering a firm, cool pat to your cheeks.

you reach for the yukata, the fabric cool and crisp, a contrast to your flushed skin.

you tie it with ease, the motions familiar and soothing as you head towards your room's door, opening it, and leaving with a soft click to its lock as you make your way towards the onsen.