𝐕𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌

⋆౨ৎ˚⟡ 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡
. ˚ ˚

SHIBUYA, TOKYO 2005

˚ ˚

𝐚𝐥𝐭. 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭

TIME AT TOKYO TECH flies by in an instance, as you adjust to your newly packed schedule.

the sun hangs low, a golden eye winking at the horizon as you rush through the hallowed halls.

"sorry shoko i was—"the words tumble out, an apology born of motion, as the door slides with a hush of finality. but the words freeze on your tongue.

"yo."

and confusion washes over your face as you see the tall white haired male staring at you.

your eyes flicker to yaga-sensei, trying to make sense of the situation, "wait, where's shoko?"

"i didn't call shoko." his voice is the rumble of distant thunder.

"huh."

"i'm sending the two of you off on a mission." yaga's announcement falls, and your mouth drops.

"you're so mean [name]." satoru sighs, feigning to be hurt with a tease coloring his tone.

it's been five weeks since he stopped calling you '[name]-tan' to which you're grateful for.

"the two of you will be going to atami city, to expel a curse that has been scaring away the fish from its ports." yaga interrupts.

"there's a special grade object hidden within the city that needs to be retrieved as well—that's what we're assuming is making this curse be as big as it is," he continues.

"you and satoru have two days to prepare."

the door to yaga's office closes with a soft click behind you, and you're already moving, steps quick, pattering against the wooden flooring.

the air in the hallway feels cool after the stuffiness of the room, and the faint smell of incense that always seems to linger around yaga still clings to the back of your throat.

you're halfway down the corridor, when the voice of a familiar male stops you cold.

"are you really that mad we're on a mission together?" he calls out, a note of confusion in his tone.

you turn, and there he is, looking after you with an eyebrow raised, a hint of a smirk on his face. the realization hits you then, how your hurry must look to him, and you rush to explain, "no, i just have a shoot lined up right now!"

he's at your side in a few long strides, "where at?"

"in shinjuku," you answer, already reaching for your flip phone, thumb flipping it open with practiced ease.

"are you going to walk?"

"i was thinking of running," you say, and a quick glance at the screen of your phone sends a jolt of urgency through you. "shoot, i only have twenty minutes—and i need to still change out of my uniform—"

"i'll meet you outside," satoru says, and before you can ask what he means, he's turned on his heel and walked away, leaving you with the word "huh" hanging in the air, unanswered.