Star of Morning

"How could you not tell me that!" Luke's voice boomed as he stomped inside the Jade wolf with Clary and Jace right behind his trail. The information, the truth of the mortal instrument in Valentine's hand angering him when he realized that he and the rest of the down world could've ceased to exist.

"The downworld would be in total chaos if they knew what the sword could do," Clary reasoned, following her father figure who looked like he could combust in flames at any given moment. The adrenaline in her veins still pumping while the images given to her by the angel still playing in her mind, deciphering what it really meant and if it was telling the truth. And yet in her mind she knows it's the whole truth.

"Luke, there would be uprisings everywhere," Jace adds, his thoughts similar to Clary's and yet so troubled knowing that it could be him in that vision the angel had given him.

"So you're saving the Downworlders from themselves?" Luke scoffed before glaring at the pair, "we never asked."

"We didn't even know that Valentine could activate the sword til we realized that he had an angel."

Luke gritted his teeth, his anger building some more. The idea of being deceived by the people who he trusted the most, how the Clave he used to follow and worship had the power to kill the people he belonged to since his transition.

"Luke, I didn't want you to worry," Clary softly tells him.

He scoffs again, "It's too late for that," he glared at her.

"Look, you don't understand alright—"

"No, I do understand," Lukes cuts Jace off. "He has my sister," he points out, shutting up the pair who took a step back.

Clary dreaded this. The look of disappointment on Luke's face directed at her, he never looked at her like that before. Her guilt rising as she throws Jace a look, hoping that he knows what to do. Should they tell him about the vision?

Luke caught on to the redhead's face, "what else aren't you telling me?" He frowned.

A few seconds of silence nestled between the three of them, Clary bites her lip before facing Luke again. "The Angel showed us something," she tells him.

"Just now, on the rooftop. He showed us a vision of a demon that could destroy the sword," Jace explained. The look of bewilderment stuck on Luke's face, observing the two shadowhunters if they were joking around, deceiving him again. They weren't.

"How do you know that that's what he was telling you?" He asked them, looking them in the eye, trying to catch a lie yet he couldn't see one tell.

"There's no other explanation," Clary explained further, "when the demon touched the sword, the sword disintegrated with it."

"Luke... it was a demon I've never seen before," Jace admits to the werewolf. Hoping this information could make amends with him.

"Then go find it," Luke tells them, the information stuck in his head unsure if he should believe it or not. "I'll head out and see if that bastard left us any clues to track him down," he adds, walking out the restaurant.

"And there," Alec pointed at the image, pausing at the light shooting skyward. "They said that was the angel," he says, zooming in on the image of what Jace and Clary claimed to be the angel.

"It could be a shooting star," Isabelle tells him, walking from behind him to his side.

Alec raised a brow at her, "Are you saying you don't believe in Jace and Clary? I thought you'd be impressed." He asked, observing his sister who seemed nonchalant about the discovery. Distant even though she seems to be uninterested in the image shown to them.