Chapter 1: The Awakening

Sarah stirred from her sleep, her dreams tangled in the remnants of forgotten nightmares. Rubbing her eyes, she blinked away the remnants of sleep and glanced at the clock beside her bed. 4:13 AM. She sighed, resigned to another restless night.

With a yawn, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and shuffled into the kitchen, the floorboards creaking beneath her weight. The soft hum of the coffee maker filled the silence, offering a faint semblance of comfort in the predawn darkness.

As she poured herself a cup of coffee, Sarah's thoughts drifted back to the strange occurrences that had plagued her for as long as she could remember. The unexplained shadows that danced at the edge of her vision, the whispered voices that echoed in the depths of her mind—it was as if she were living in a world just beyond her grasp.

But Sarah was not one to dwell on the mysteries of the universe. She preferred to focus on the tangible—the warmth of the sun on her skin, the laughter of her friends, the simple pleasures of everyday life. It was easier that way, safer.

Yet, despite her best efforts to ignore them, the whispers persisted, growing louder with each passing day. And as Sarah sipped her coffee in the quiet solitude of her kitchen, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was stirring, something dark and unknowable, lurking just beneath the surface of her reality.

Little did she know, the true nature of her existence was about to be revealed, shattering the fragile illusion of normalcy she had so carefully constructed. For Sarah was not just another ordinary woman living an ordinary life—she was the unwitting bearer of a curse that had haunted her family for generations, a curse that would soon awaken with a vengeance, threatening to consume everything she held dear.