Chapter 5

Right now I am staring at the idiot who is sitting in front of me and enjoying the teas and snacks.

"sooooooo, -"what" i cut him of, I was already irritated by his presence.

"Why little kat don't you love your brother "he said while faking a tear.

"Mr.roy my name is Katherine not little kat and I would prefer you call me by that. And kindly State your reason for coming into my mansion " i said through gritted teeth.

I was already annoyed by his sight of sitting leisurely on the couch. I don't know if I could tolerate him further.

"Oh please cut the formalities, can't i visit my own sister" Roy replied.

"No, you can't " i replied coldly.

"Why?" He asked abruptly

"You are asking why. Then let me tell you dear brother what do you accept from a child who has been abandoned from the past fifteen years. I was left alone without the care of my parents. Heck the society even doesn't know about me as Katherine Celeste. They only know me as violet, the author, who is slowly rising to popularity. I was left alone by the entire Celeste family for a unknown reason. If it was not my grandparents i would have been on streets or would have rather died. And NOW YOU ARE ADDRESSING ME AS YOUR sister like you have always cared about me. But in reality of you have really cared about me , you wouldn't have abandoned. Atleast you would have stayed by my side. But you didn't. So don't accept me to be hostile towards you or the Celeste family " i ended my speech. I have poured all the anger, rage, betrayal, sadness, the real Katherine had felt.

A deadly silence took place. Roy was looking downwards , but when his eyes met my eyes i saw a flash of quilt in his eyes.

Despite that i remained indifferent to him.

"Forgive me sir Roy for my words. But it is the bitter truth" i said re-masking my emotions.

"I I am sorry " Roy said.

"You - "please listen to me first" Roy said while cutting off my sentence.

"I know that I am a terrible brother. I wasn't there when you needed me the most. But trust me i always have cared about you. It is just that after you was born. But after you stopped sending letters from the past 7 years, I was really worried about you. I  always thought of visiting you but because of my tight schedule i wasn't able to. But that doesn't stopped my care towards you. Please forgive me. Please Katherine." Roy finished while looking into my eyes.

"You said you cared about me. And because of your tight schedule you couldn't came to visit me" i said.

I burst out laughing.

"I was the only one who wrote letters to you. You or my pArEntS didn't even replied to my letters. Now you are expecting me to forgive you. Sorry mr.roy i can't do that " i replied cooly.

"Please is it so hard for you to forgive me, please " Roy said.

"Yes, and now please depart from here " i replied. If he stays any longer i might bury him alive.

"No" he said stubbornly.

"Yes and now get OUT" i replied rudely.

He was silent for a minute, then he said "Katherine do you know anything about the laws of the country?"

"Why should I know?" I replied confused

"Just answer my question" Roy said

"Yes I only know about the laws regarding business, legal and illegal works" i said.

"Well then dear Katherine let me tell you one thing, till the age of 17 your parents hold your guardianship after that you are free. But till that they can take every decision of your life like setting up your marriage,  or shutting down your Book writing " Roy finished while 😏.

"What" i accidentally shrieked.

It took me a minute to calm down.

"It is a ridiculous law how can they shut my book writing and how can they set uy marriage like that. It is unfair."i said agitated.

"That's why I am proposing a deal to you because for you Book writing is very important."Roy said.

"I will help you back up against our parents. Prevent your marriage and shutting your Book writing . In return you will let me stay with you till you turn 17."Roy finished his deal

I contemplated for a moment, " i need sometime to think about it . I will tell you tomorrow morning. Tonight you can stay here, sir Roy" i said hesitating.

"Okay, but think about it carefully this deal will benefit you only in return I am just asking you to let me stay with you" Roy said while getting up.

His face held a faint smile.

"Hmm. Cory can you please show Roy his room. " I asked Cory.

"Sure lady Katherine, sir Roy if you will kindly follow me" Cory said to Roy.

"Sure, well  see you tomorrow sis" Roy said to me obviously ignoring the glare I was giving to him .

In the next chapter i will be written Roy's thoughts also.