❥ 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 : I'm sorry part 2

"Thank you soo much once again! You really didn't have to", Maya thanked as she got out of Lando's car when they arrived on track the next morning.

"Stop thanking me Maya it really is no big deal. You forget that I literally drive cars for a living", he joked, getting out of the car himself.

"Well still. You really don't have to be my personal driver".

"It would be an honour to be THE Maya Walker's personal driver, I don't know why you act as if it's a bad thing", he shrugged.

They were actively walking to the paddock entrance while having this conversation, not paying attention to any of the cameras.

"Oh yeah?", she taunted. Lando nodded with a big smile.

"Well then, I am looking for a full time chauffeur. Preferably one that has lots of experience driving fast cars. Good looking is only optional so you'll be fine", she listed.

Lando gasped, clearly not expecting the backhanded remarks.

"I can leave it to you to humble me", he rolled his eyes.

"What's a friend if not to keep you grounded? Can't let the fan girls' compliments get to your head", she shrugged, with a beaming smile on her face.

"A friend?", Lando questioned. Maya mentally cursed herself. Maybe it will take longer for them to be considered friends.

"Are we not?", she raised her eyebrow.

"No we are. Just checking", he smiled, the relief on his face very evident. Maya, on the other hand, let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

They scanned into the paddock and soon Lando was bombared by his fans, his team and photographers. Maya scurried off, not wanting any media attention on her. She found Kika on her way to the Ferrari motorhome and ended up dragging the model with her.

"Maya where are you taking me?", she asked.

"To China", Maya replied nonchalantly.

Kika rolled her eyes, the Ferrari motorhome appearing in front of the two girls. "You do know that I'm of no help if you think taking me with you to talk to Charles is going to do anything right?"

"Yes but maybe seeing you, he won't be half as mad"

"That's not how it works"

"Shut up"

They entered the Ferrari motorhome, greeting some of the workers before sitting down on one of the couches. "So, what's the plan?", Kika asked.

"I actually don't know. I'm kinda just waiting for him to see me and then hopefully he starts the conversation. I just- I can't have him be mad at me, he's my best friend and like a brother basically so it's all I've got. I need to fix things and I wanna do it as soon as possible", Maya explained. Kika just nodded.

They sat there for awhile, Maya fidgeting while Kika kept an eye on her. Soon enough, Charles entered. "Hello Charles", Kika greeted, a bit over the top, to get Maya's attention.

"Hello Kika, how are you today?", he asked, completely ignoring Maya.

"I'm good", she replied, hoping he would say something to Maya. But nothing came out of the monegasque as he then walked right past them.

Maya seemed to have froze, not saying a word. "What the fuck, why didn't you say something", Kika whispered harshly.

"I- I don't-"

"Go follow him and please sort it out", she pushed her towards Charles' direction.

Maya didn't seem to have a choice. She stumbled rather loudly, catching the attention of her monegasque best friend. He turned around, noticed her clumsiness and rolled his eyes to cover the smile that was slowly appearing on his face.