Damon smirked,
" And I belive I didn't ask for your opinion now serve up. "

" Do I know you from somewhere?" The guy said while getting the bottle from the shelf.

He grinned while taking the bottle of bourbon from his hands.
" I've been around for a while, met a lot of people. "

" You seem awfully familiar. " He got out a cloth and started cleaning the counter.

Damon nodded while relentlessly chugging on the bottle.
" I've never seen you before. "
He gulped.

" Strange, very strange. " He went away to get a customer's order.

The bourbon wasn't even close to being in strong enough. No matter how much he chugged, it wouldn't go away. The pain, the loss, the loneliness, it just wouldn't leave him and he needed it gone.

Bonnie

She paced around her room. Where did I leave it?! She thought,
She'd been so buried lately everything was all over the place, including her head.
She looked under the bed, nothing there but shoes and biology books.
She looked inside her cabinets going through everything anxiously but still, nothing.

So she sat on the edge of her bed and sighed in desperation.
She felt so guilty, angry, and useless. She couldn't bring Elena back and she wasn't sure if she wanted to die anytime soon.
The only solution was to turn herself but she didn't want to lose her magic so she was stuck.
She looked over to her desk and there it was, Elena's diary.
When Bonnie was inside her head, Elena had told her to find it and give it to Damon.
She didn't want to see him let alone have an actual conversation with him but it had to be done sooner or later.

She grabbed Elena's diary along with her keys from the desk and opened the door.

" Bonnie! " Caroline popped up from behind the door.

Bonnie was startled
" Uh, come in. "

Caroline swooshed in and the her arms in the air.

" Why haven't you answered any of my calls?! I've left you like a million messages,"-She put her arms down and sighed-" Why are you avoiding me Bonnie? "

Bonnie didn't want to deal with Caroline and her pouting,
" Oh, I've just been busy with you know... Midterms. " She forced a smile.

" I do know, actually. I go here too remember? We have biology together a class which by the was, you've been skipping. "

" I haven't been skipping, I had a change of schedule. "
Which was true, partially.

" Because you've been avoiding me." Caroline gave Bonnie a long stare, trying to get Bonnie to say something but not a word came from her lips.

" You know what? It's fine, you need time and space I understand but if you need me just know that I'm here. " Caroline came up to Bonnie and held her shoulders,

" Thank you Care. " Bonnie hugged her, it was comforting to know she wasn't bombarding her with questions anymore and that Caroline was actually trying to understand.

Caroline hugged her back, smiled, and left looking back to check on Bonnie one more time.

" Bye Care. "

She reached for the door when suddenly she heard another knock.

" What now?!" She groaned in annoyance.
When she opened the door Damon was standing behind it.

He smirked.
" Hello Bon Bon."

She stepped away from the door,
" Come in, what are you doing here? "

" I haven't seen you since-" He entered her room and stood not to far, not too close from her.

" I know. " She was still holding Elena's journal, waiting for him to recognize it.

" Right. " He said,

" Look, I was just coming over to your place to give you this, "-She handed him the journal-" Read it, don't, I honestly don't care what you do with it as long as you have it. "

He took a moment to look at it, how it felt in his hands to have a piece of her.
" How do you have this? " He extended it towards her.

" She told me where to find it while we were talking, said she wanted you to have it. "
She looked away,

" I thought this burnt down with her house. " He said while looking down on it.

" Stefan got it for her before it did."
She was getting agitated, she couldn't be alone with him for more that five minutes and she hadn't looked him in the eye.

" Thank you. "
He was about to place his hand on her shoulder when she flinched.

He looked at her intrigued but she wouldn't look back.
" Are you alright?" But he already knew the answer to that.

She smirked,
"Oh yeah! I'm dandy!"

He pulls out an office chair from the desk next to him and sits,
"Stop that, that's my thing. "

" Your thing?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Oh come on! A smirk? Sarcasm? Being obnoxious for no reason other than you can?"
He points his thumbs towards himself.

" This guy's best qualities. " He says.

" I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?"
She probably didn't notice how good she'd become at lying lately.

" Your best friend is gone, it's understandable. " He scratched the back of his neck.

" And? "

He shrugged.
" Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? "

Bonnie burst out laughing, like it was the most ridiculous thing she has ever heard.

" PTSD?!" She stopped to catch her breath,
"That's your reasoning?! Are you kidding me! You think I'm depressed because your girlfriend, my friend, is in a temporary coma! Have a little imagination. "

Damon sighed, he knew exactly what was wrong with her, he just couldn't come to terms with it.

" No! Because you died and your best friend died. " He pointed out.

" Talk to me when you're sober. And friend, she was my friend. "

He raised an eyebrow and decided he didn't want to ask or argue.

" Since when did we become this? "

Thank you for reading!