Chapter XVI - Pancakes

Start from the beginning

"Look all you want," he tells me, echoing our first interaction.

"I just about had a heart attack when you said that to me in the locker room." Gabe opens a cabinet and pulls out a mixing bowl.

"I just about had a heart attack saying it," he laughs. He opens the pancake mix box, rips the plastic bag, and dumps it into the bowl.

"I honestly thought you were fucking with me. You left me so confused." Gabe opens the fridge and takes a half-empty gallon of milk and a carton of eggs.

"So confused that you spanked me a few minutes later?"

"I did not spank you. I accidentally lightly tapped your butt. Your cheeks shouldn't have been in the way of my hand." Gabe reaches around me, his warm skin brushing against mine. He opens a drawer and pulls out a measuring cup.

"Sorry, my cheeks should have been more considerate. I just forget how much space they take up. My ass has its own gravitational pull, as I'm sure you've noticed, your eyes always feeling the need to stare down at it." He measures a cup of milk, pours it into the bowl, and stirs it with a mixing spoon.

"Gabe!" I gawk. "How are you so obsessed with yourself?" I ask (mostly) sarcastically. Truthfully, I wish I had an ounce of his confidence.

"I mean, we can both see it, right?" Gabe leans against the counter and shakes his hips, making his ass bounce in his sweatpants.

"You're nasty," I tell him, though I do feel the gravitational pull.

"And you love it, huh?" He continues stirring the pancake batter, moving his hips in sync with his hands. He opens the carton of eggs and cracks two into the bowl.

"Is this some kind of strange foreplay?" Gabe opens the chocolate chips and empties half the bag into the batter.

"I don't know, is it working?"

"A little," I concede. "But I'm not eating you out in your kitchen while your family's home." Gabe turns to me, eyebrows raised.

"You want to eat me out?" I feel myself blush.

"No—I mean, that would be weird." I'm covering this about as well as I did about the dirty boxers.

"I wouldn't be opposed if that's what you're worried about. I might have to do some manscaping first, though. So the only cake you'll be eating today is of the pan variety." I can't help but laugh at that and the absurdity of the entire conversation.

"You're a weird guy, Gabe," I shake my head, smiling.

"Yet here you are, fantasizing about rimming me." He shakes his head right back.

"No," I retort, "here you are, fantasizing about me rimming you."

"Mmmm, I think we can agree that the feeling's mutual. But you were the one who brought it up."

"I guess that's true," I admit. "But you're the one who brought up your ass in the first place, so who's the real culprit here?"

"The culprit is the guy who wanted to eat my ass and didn't even tell me!" Gabe squats down and opens a cabinet, pulling out a pan and placing it on the stovetop.

"I bet you never expected to say that sentence in your life."

"Yeah, but I didn't expect to be dating the cutest guy at school either, so I guess crazy things happen." He kisses my cheek.

"How is your transition from overt homosexuality to saying the sweetest things so smooth?"

"I guess you bring out the best in me. And the gayest in me. You're quite impressive, really." Gabe turns one of the dials on the stovetop. He grabs a ladle and spatula from the container of random kitchen utensils.