Doomsfall

It's been months since Kamino's destruction, and the Bad Batch have been avoiding the Empire ever since. Their family is together, no matter how shaky it may feel. Until Cid sends them to Serenno, and the things they've been keeping quiet about so long finally blows up.

"I cannot believe you woke those things."

"So you have said," Tech interjects on Wrecker's behalf, "Repeatedly."

"I don't need to be told how many times I already said it," Crosshair snaps back. "You are also not the one who was nearly bisected by a crab pincer."

"I did warn you to keep your distance, too."

"Yeah, he's also not the one who stepped on a crab," Echo grumbles.

"Well, why don't you carry it next time?" Wrecker whines.

"Because I only have one hand!"

Hunter sighs loud enough to split the planet, and Omega giggles.

Echo grumpily waves off AZI as he flies over to them the moment they enter the parlor. Cid's in the back with some pirate friend of hers, who Crosshair instantly Does Not Like, but it's not really his problem. She shoos Wrecker outside with the crate they picked up from a crab nest – Crosshair still thinks they weren't paid enough. Really.

"You lot are heading to the Outer Rim," Cid announces, turning on a hologram of a large building.

"That is Castle Serenno, the former home of Count Dooku," Tech notes, stepping forward.

"Who's that?" Omega pipes up, leaning forward to inspect it.

"A Jedi who betrayed the Republic and led the Separatists in a war. With him being dead, Dooku's entire war chest is up for grabs. The Empire has already started pillaging his palace, but there is still time to strike before it's all gone."

She wants them to steal from a Separatist? Sounds fun, actually, and very fulfilling. But, with the Empire there – well, they've been playing dead ever since Kamino. The Empire thinks they died there. Crosshair's not in a rush to change that, either. They have Hunter now, so they're safe – and things have been far, far better since, but still, it brings... bad memories. Kamino was right.

"It's too risky," Hunter answers with a shake of his head. "You want that war chest? You go after it." He's different now, too. That's one thing that's definitely changed. Crosshair doesn't like thinking about that, either, but he overwhelmingly misses the Hunter he grew up with. It's been months, but he's still quiet and broody and withdrawn.

Cid looks grumpy, but Hunter's already turning away and heading for the door. Crosshair takes that as his cue to follow.

Hunter returns to his self-appointed position of attempting (and actually succeeding; Hunter and Echo are the only two people who can get her to stay still without getting distracted themselves) to teach Omega starship types.

Crosshair heads out to collect some Mantel Mix for them – still haven't broken tradition, even if Hunter insisted they tone it down a bit. Meaning they all share one instead of getting three. But really, he's pretty sure Omega's going to need a lesson break, so Hunter and Tech don't dull her brain cells out of existence.

Wrecker's waiting for him when he finally gets back inside, the carton tucked under his arm. "Hey, uh," he says awkwardly, "Cid wants to talk to us."

"Again?" Crosshair asks dubiously, looking at the trandoshan, who's standing by Echo and Tech. They're talking quietly, which means this is something she's obviously trying to hide from Hunter.