'she's not the only one.' jackie declared with a smirk, making all the other girls stare at her. cheryl could feel shauna's heart miss a beat, did she tell jackie? taissa and cherry shared the same confused look and turned to shauna. 'shauna tell them.'

'i-i really don't know-' shauna stuttered. taissa was stuck between stepping in and stopping jackie or letting the two crack on. shauna needed to tell somebody. cheryl told her it was becoming noticeable.

'tell them.' jackie repeated. with a glimmer of pride in her eyes, as if she had just ruined shauna's life. 'or i will.'

'tell us what?' allie quizzed will her pillow in her lap.
whispers echoed the room.

'i'm..' shauna started. cheryl felt angry when shauna couldn't. 'i'm pregnant.' she admitted with a large huff.

cheryl creased her brows, cringing at everyone reactions. misty shot up and skipped over to shauna, who was stood in the door way to the attic. 'you were having sex?' mari almost sounded like she was laughing.

'gross.' javi spat from the corner. travis gave him a glance as if to say "shut the fuck up".

'how far along are you?' misty asked exited, while placing her hand on shauna's belly. she swatted her away.

'did you get knocked up here?' allie asked, turning to shauna. with that statement everyone turned to travis as he was the only man who was age appropriate in this cabin.

'allison!' cheryl hissed.

'what no!' shauna said, offended that allie even thought that she would go there.

'it dosent matter how it happened!' jackie's voice cut in again, almost threatening. 'all that matters is that we get them help!'

'alright can everyone just...' coach ben started, grabbing his crutches and standing up. he looked disappointed in laura lee for wanting to fly out. 'laura lee. you can't do this,it's not even close to safe!'

'there is no 'safe' anymore, coach.' she reminded. 'if i don't do this... we are all gonna fucking starve.' everyone's breath hitched when she swore. is this what it had come to?

'okay..' coach sighed. 'still i can't let you go out and do this.'

'what are you gonna do to stop me?' laura lee took a few steps closer, her chin held high. a while ago laura lee would have quivered in her shadow if coach ben ordered her around. now she was powerful. everyone sat around just staring. shocked.

————————————————————

it was now coming up to midday.. the girls had tried numerous times to get laura lee to stay but there was no getting through to her. she was already packed and prepared to save them all.

van was too weak to walk so she couldn't sent laura lee off at the plane site, she had given her a hug and goodbye in the cabin. cheryl had offered to stay but can insisted that she went.

while she was walking to the plane. cheryl lagged behind a little bit. to take some space from the other bickering, when she noticed a strange craving in the tree. she knew allison and javi carved a lot of neat stuff out of wood so she assumed it was one of the two. it was oddly creepy. in the middle of nowhere.

cheryl watched as each person said there goodbyes, then it was her. 'i still think this is stupid.' she said, pulling laura lee into a tight hug.

'i know..' laura lee replied, cheryl couldn't make out her face. was she sad? was she ready? was she scared?

'it's not too late to change your mind...' cheryl pleaded.

'goodbye, cherry.' laura lee broke apart the hug and gave her a small smile, moving onto lottie. all was good until allison came skipping through the trees with a bag packed.