part twelve.

-1996-

travis and natalie where set to go out hunting early in the mornings, giving them a better chance on finding anything. most of the other girls had been given daily chores to do in the mornings such as getting water or doing laundry. it had gotten to that awkward stage in the wild where all the girls had synced their periods,except for cheryl, and any sanitary items had to be boiled and reused. it was better than just bleeding everywhere.

cheryl chores where cutting fire wood, making cabin as clean as it gets and annoying jackie. cheryl was in the far corner cutting up enough wood to last then a few days while the other girls spoke amongst them selfs when van walked over with a slice of deer meat wrapped in cloth. 'eat.' while cheryl swung the axe down and split another log.

'i have.' she replied.

'eat more then.' van insisted. putting down the axe she reached over and grabbed the cloth, unwrapping the meat the eating it.

'happy?' mouth still full she mumbled out.

'very.' van affirmed, turning back and walking to the fire. cheryl picked the ace back up and continued chopping wood. everyone was awake except for jackie, who was complaining about cramps. each one of the girls had tired to get her out of bed in the bast out but failed. allie stumbled back up to the cabin after folding laundry with laura lee and lottie. allies leg had gotten slightly better, so she'd walk around putting more pressure on her leg and once it had healed they would take it off.

cheryl threw the axe down on the ground and walked to where van was sitting next to the fire to take a break. it was still the middle of summer so it was scorching hot. cheryl had borrowed vans overall shorts to wear along with a striped tank top. 'i smell.' she whined while dropping in front of the log dramatically.

'yeah we know!' laura lee said, walking into the cabin with the clean clothes.

'uh? what happensd to 'love thy neighbour'?' cheryl leaned on her arm to look at the girl. 'thy neighbour doesn't feel very loved right now.'

'dude, shut up.' van laughed while kicking her girlfriend who was still on the floor. taking a sip what water, cheryl stood back up.

'you know what? you guys are mean when your on your period.' she placed her cup down. van shook her head. she walked back over to the axe and continued to chop wood. her arms had become slightly toned from swinging the axe around so much, which she noticed van seemed to like a lot. she bent down the pick up a larger log, when she placed it down it sounded hollow on the inside. she knocked on the top twice before picking the axe back up and crashing it down. as soon as the two collided she heard a high pitched squeal for a second before it stopped. the other girls seemed to have heard it aswell as they where looking over at her, dreading what she's about to see she pulled the two half's away from eachother to see a squirrel. it had been hiding in the middle of the hollow log. 'oh my shit!' she yelled out.

'what?' van asked, about to check it out for herself. until cheryl held up the decapitated rodent.

'im a murder?!' she exclaimed with wide eyes. van let out a sigh of relief.

'you made it sound like you cut your hand off.' she scolded.

'that's disgusting.' nat added, walking out of the cabin after failing to get jackie out of bed.

'hey is jackie still sleeping?' cheryl asked with a sick plan in mind.

'yes?' natalie responded cautiously. 'why, what are you thinking?' cheryl hid the squirrel head behind her back before skipping up the stairs.

'i'll get her up.'

swinging the door to the cabin open shone a ray of sunshine onto jackie's face. 'morning sweetness!' she exclaimed while lying next to the sleeping taylor girl.
'you have to wake up, jack.'