𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠. 𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓

Start from the beginning

"And Travis?" Alicia questioned "can I see him?"

"Eat, please" Connor ignored her Changing the subject, Alicia glanced at Cassandra who gave her a small nod, picking up her own fork and knife as she cut into the steak. Taking a bite of it Cassandra could feel her mouth water at how good it was,
The man weren't lying about making good steaks

Cassandra continued to eat her steak, she hadn't realised how Hungry she was. Fish everyday wasn't really doing it for her.

"Our family?" Alicia asked, not even attempting to eat her food. Making Cassandra sigh. She had to protect Alicia and she can't do that if Alicia pissed them off. They had to play nice for now "they've been taken to land?"

"We think you could be happy here."

"Why do you keep avoiding questions" Cassandra asked "or do you not know the answer, who exactly did you leave our family with because he acted like a physco"

At Cassandra words, something flashed in Connors eyes. Something like shock but also protectivenes

"my brother. He gave me his word that he would take them to shore"

Cassandra's eyes widened at the revelation.

"We can't bring just anybody. We have to be selective. But Jack, he just---" Connor glanced at Alicia "he had this sense about you"

"And me?, you weren't planning on taking me" Cassandra raised her eyebrows wondering why she was the change of plans as Connor was about to answer, the lights shut off and power shut down.

"-generator goes out at bad times" he mumbled Standing up "please join me Cassandra and we can finish this conversation"

Cassandra glanced at Alicia, not wanting to leave her incase anything happened

"I'll be okay" Alicia reassured, she knew this way she could find Jack and her being alone meant she could earn more of his trust. She could get closer to him.

The brunette nodding standing up to join Connor as he left the room, Cassandra threw one last glance at Alicia before she left the room — but what no one realised was the knife Cassandra had slipped up her sleeve — she didn't think she would be able to use it, but it was her just incase.

〕〔

"I do apologise for anything my brother did" Connor glanced at Cassandra as they both walked down to then generators "I'm not making any excuses for him, but we didn't have the best upbringing"

Cassandra looked up at Connor a questioning look on her face as she rubbed her bruised wrists from the zip ties. Your childhood does effect who you become. Lots of people say the abused becomes the abuser, some people fight it untill their last breath but that rage will always be there

Cassandra knew that very well, her past haunted her and it tasted pitter when she thought of it. Everything her father believed that she did not.

"let me guess. He gives in to the rage of whatever happened to you guys and you fight it"

"Something like that" he turned smiling at Cassandra "that's why I took you also. I walked onto that boat and you share that same look in your eyes. You weren't afraid of us, you were angry."