Chapter 3

Riccardo•

I sat. Waiting. Where on earth is this Andrea Queen and why is she keeping me waiting?

I was getting impatient. It was already ten minutes past the scheduled time and she still wasn't here. Who on earth does she think she is, keeping me waiting like this? I had zero tolerance for late comers so why is this...... Andrea Queen keeping waiting?

"Where on earth is your boss?" I directed the question at her secretary who was seated. I wasn't even the only one seated. Other shareholders were also present but they weren't even saying a word even though they were here twenty minutes before me. They seem to be very patient people unlike me. I am the chairman of Emporium and I barely had time to spare.

"Um.. I'm really sorry sir but she'll be here soon." Her secretary apologized.

"Why is she keeping me waiting like this? Does she know who I am? Does she know I'm a very busy person who barely have time to spare?! I see no reason why she should be keeping a major shareholder like me waiting. Does she know I can withdraw my funds in a blink of an eye and invest somewhere else?!"

"Actually, that's a very brilliant idea coming from you, Mr. Del Valle. And when you're done, kindly shut the door on your way out." A woman said as she walked in. She had straight long blond hair and she was wearing sunglasses. Judging from her appearance alone, the expensive attire and adornments she was putting on, it was obvious she was The Andrea Queen.

She walked past us to take her seat. That aura. There was something familiar about her aura but I ignored it, staring at her as she took her seat, placed her bag on the table and took off her robe.

I snorted. "Excuse me? But I don't think you know who I am."

"Oh I very well know who you are, Mr. Del Valle. Everyone does." She said as she slowly took off her sunglasses.

My heart skipped a beat.

Everything around me froze for a moment as my gaze held hers firmly.

No. It can't be.

Rosalie?

"You seem to be quite in a shock, Mr. Del Valle. Oh it's almost as if you've seen a ghost." She told me with a furrowed brow and a smile. "Is anything the matter, Mr. Del Valle?"

I rose up and in a blink of an eye, I covered the space between us and grabbed her hand as I looked at her face.

"Rosalie. It is you. It's you. Rosalie!" I said as I gripped her body into mine. "I searched everywhere for you! What happened?! Guess what? I found out the truth. They were only trying to tear us apart. They were only trying to ruin our marriage. Rosalie, do you hear me?! I said, it was their plan to tear us apart!"

She pushed me immediately and snorted as she straightened her dress.

"I'm sorry but I think you're mistaken, Mr. Del Valle. My name is Andrea Queen. The head and president of Queen Group."

I looked at her shock. "No. It can't be. I know who you are. I can't be mistaken. You're my missing wife. Not some.... president of some conglomerate." The word sounded like disgust on my lips.

She smiled. "But that is who I am, Mr. Del Valle. You're free to ask around or anyone here, Mr. Del Valle." She told me, still smiling.

I looked at her in surprise. "No. That can't be. How is that even possible?! You're Rosalie and what's up with this foreign accent?" I asked her as I grabbed her arm. "Have you forgotten? It's me, Riccardo. You're my wife. You're my Rosalie. I know who you are, Rose. You can fool these people here but you can't fool me. You're the woman who loved living a simple life and you've always disliked matters of business. This isn't....this isn't who you are. This....can't be you." I said, eyeing her from head to toe. "I know it's you, Rosalie, stop lying."