And A Farewell...?

Start from the beginning

Maya: What's wrong?

Oscar: ...The cable car, the cable car! They are here, they are here!

Maya: No shit!

I looked towards where the cable car was. Sure enough, it was going down slowly...
...but empty.
Oscar was excited. He didn't see that there was no one in there, but I didn't want to take away his illusion so quickly, because it would be a cruel move.
What I did do was send him to Austin, and he went without protesting.

I approached the cable car, which had already reached the end of the cable and was parking in front of me, without anyone. Only when the doors opened did I see a piece of paper on the floor.
I took it.
Its content was not confusing in complexity, but it left me with huge unanswered questions.
Austin should know this. Oscar too, of course...but I have to try not to scare him.

(🔴)

I ran to the Gas Production Zone, very excited. They were back! They were finally back and everything would go back to normal for them! The normality that they deserve more than anything after everything they had suffered.
I didn't hear anyone, mind you. But maybe they were quiet!

I ran over to Austin and ran around him. It was Kissy who had to stop me with one hand.

Austin: Calm down, man! What's happening?

Oscar: They're back! They are fine!

Austin: Is it a joke?

Oscar: Ask Maya!

Austin: Okay...stay here, imma ask her!

Austin went outside, and I stayed with Kissy.
However, I began to hear a conversation between the two. It was distant, but I could hear them clearly.
I heard something "back" from Maya, and from Austin I heard my name. From there I got a little lost.
They soon returned. But they were alone. Nobody else accompanied them.

Maya: Oscar...

Oscar: ...And the rest?

Austin: ...Listen carefully to what we are going to read, okay?

Austin cleared his throat, I heard him unfold a paper and he began to read.

Austin: "Dear angels:
I would like this farewell to be sweeter and to have your closeness, but the circumstances are adverse to us.
We have issues to resolve before returning to PlayCare and we are not sure if they will be resolved soon. And I know you can't wait for us forever until we return.
So I beg you to go ahead, destroy the bastard Prototype and anyone who allies themselves with him. You have to restore peace to this factory.
Don't worry about us, we'll be fine. Just remember that wherever you are, wherever we are, I hope you remember us the same way we will remember you; with a huge smile.
Good luck.
Sincerely, the Smiling Critters."

I was shocked to hear it all

They weren't going to come back anytime soon?
I didn't want to believe it. I worried about what could happen to them out there, thinking about all the disasters that could happen and the problems that threatened them out there.
Who knows what can happen?

Austin: Are you okay, Oscar?

Oscar: Yeah, I guess I'm fine...

Maya: Oscar, you have to understand that they have to end what threatens them and they will be able to return calmly...they will be fine, you'll see.

Oscar: ...Okay, I understand.

Not really. I don't understand anything.
I can't understand how we are going to walk away and leave them to their fate...!
But I won't be able to change their opinion. I know when my siblings have made a decision in which I have no say and there is no going back.

Oscar: Okay...what do we have to do?

Austin: Well, first of all, get this damn gas over to the other side once and for all.

Austin went for the battery we left there when we had to flee from CatNap. I heard him plug it in, then he walked over to the panel and pressed a button.
After a strange noise, a noise was heard.

Austin: Okay...that's it...
...Now what?

We stood there in the middle, slightly disoriented.

Maya: There is an open door there. There must be something...

Austin: We'll see what this brings us...

The three of us headed towards the door. I looked behind myself. Although I did not see the site itself, I was aware that I would not be at PlayCare again.
I just hope that wherever the Smiling Critters are, they are united, that they are well, and that they return safely to PlayCare.

Their safe place.

Their home.