Part 3 - To fix things

Present Time ~

Jungkook waited for a very long time, he has stopped crying now. Tears seem to dry out. He is just looking at the window and still wants to trace those features on Taehyung's face. His silhouette has stopped moving, too. He looked like he slept off. May be he is still crying on his bed. The moment he saw the light got switched off, he started the engine of his car, with a last glance to Taehyung's house, he drove away. Of course, he didn't notice someone still standing near the window, hiding behind the curtains, still looking at the almost vanishing car from his sight. If Jungkook isn't feeling good, Taehyung isn't any better. He finally moved away and sat on the edge of his bed. He kept his head on the headboard sideways, tears still kept falling, but now he is too tired to wipe them away. So he let his tears wet his collar of his shirt. How strange the times can be. When he met Jungkook for the first time, well, technically, the second time, he never thought this man, who now has all his heart, can ever hurt someone so bad. He never thought that Jungkook, who claimed to have only loved once and that once was Taehyung, can hurt no other than Taehyung himself so much that now, this Taehyung can't even breathe properly. He fell back on the bed, legs half dangling from the edge, and while reminiscing all he had been through with Jungkook, he slept off.

Jungkook, on the other hand, has different plans. He just knew that he had to start working on his promise. He knew he had to do everything to keep Taehyung happy. So, that is exactly what he did. He dialed the first number that came to his mind. Seokjin.

"Hyung, I need your help."

"Is it a time to call someone Kook, please tell me it is urgent, otherwise, I would hunt you down and beat you for waking me up from my beautiful sleep." Jin's voice sounded groggy, so he knew he was sleeping. A silent sigh made Jin realize there is something definitely wrong. He kept quiet for a while, and when there was nothing but silence coming from the other side, he started again. "Kook, what is it that you need help with? Let me know first. I have to check if I can actually do something about it or not."

"Hyung....there is an international show that is supposed to happen next month, the telecast for Mr. World competition. You know about that?"

"Umm...yeah I guess. What about that?"

"Hyung, I want to sponsor that show in a way that we have a lot of say in the show and its telecast."

"Sponsor?? Mr. World competition?? How is that going to help our company? Our business line is nothing related to such beauty contests? What are we going to do by sponsoring such a show?"

"We won't do anything, yes, but I need to do it for some other reason...personal reason." Jungkook could sense the frustration Jin was feeling at that moment. His tone was changing, it was not questioning, and the undertones were annoyed.

"Okay, you have to give me something better than that as a reason. You understand that the funds will be utilized from the marketing department of our company. We will have to analyze all the investments. Being an international show, I can already imagine it is going to cost us a lot. You also want to become one of the decision makers, which means it will be far more than I am already imagining. On top of that nothing good will it give to our company. I am pretty sure your dad will not agree. Mr. Jeon only understands business when it comes to this company, and this is not any business for him."

"I get it, hyung. I get it all right. I know what dad wants, what dad needs, what dad thinks. Don't have to remind me." Jungkook's voice raised. He was mad at so many things, majorly on his father. He sighed audibly. "I am sorry, hyung, I didn't mean to be rude, sorry for raising my voice." With another pause, he continued, "I need to do it for myself. I will not use the name of our company, I will plan on that with something. I will use my own funds, not the company ones, hopefully. I even handle all of that, but please, can you look for some contacts? Anything that can let me do it? Sponsor the show with decision power. Please, hyung." Jungkook's desperation and frustration was dripping from the edges of his voice. Jin may be not very close to Jungkook with whom he can share his problems, but he surely understood Jungkook in months that they have worked together. He could picture the younger bowing down, almost begging in front of him.