Interrogation

Lieutenant Anderson sat in the room with the android, asking him questions.

"Why'd you kill him?"

Silence.

"What happened before you took that knife?"

Silence.

Behind the glass, Y/n, Connor and Detective Reed were watching the interrogation.

"How long were ya in the attic?"

Silence.

"Why didn't you even try to run away?"

Silence.

Anderson snaps his fingers in front of the deviant, trying to get a reaction. But there was none.

Anderson gets fed up and slams his hands on the table. "Say something, goddamnit!" The deviant stays silent.

Anderson scoffs and stands up. "Fuck it. I'm outta here." He says and walks out of the interrogation room, and back to where the rest were standing.

He is visibly annoyed as he walks in. "We're wasting our time interrogating a machine, we're getting nothing out of it!" He says and plops down in a chair.

Y/n and Connor look over to Gavin Reed as he speaks. "Could always try roughing it up a little. After all, it's not human." He suggests. Y/n frowns and Connor speaks.

"Androids don't feel pain. You would only damage it and that wouldn't make it talk. Deviants also have a tendency to self-destruct when they're in stressful situations." Reed then cuts him off, pushing himself off the wall he was leaning on.

"Okay, smartass... what should we do then?" he asks.

Connor looks at Y/n who nods at him. "We could try questioning it." He suggests. Reed laughs at this.

Connor then speaks again. "We're also specialized in interrogation. Especially when it comes to what approach to choose and how to push all buttons to stabilize its comfort and stress." Connor explains.

"Humans call it 'Good cop, bad cop'." Y/n suddenly says.

Anderson looks at her, not expecting to hear her voice. Reed rolls his eyes and shakes his head, almost as if he was about to laugh again.

Anderson then nods. "Androids specializing in manipulation..." he sighs. "What do we have to lose?" He says. Anderson looks to the two androids. "Go ahead, suspects all yours." Gavin's smile falls as he glares at the two androids.

Y/n and Connor exit the room. They approach the door and Connor scans his hand to open it. The two step inside the interrogation room.

They walk towards the opposite side of the table, to the empty chair. Connor gestures for Y/n to sit down. She gives him a nod and sits down in front of the deviant. Meanwhile Connor stands right next to her, towering over the two at the table.

Connor flips through the files on the table. Y/n analyzes his damages. Cigarette burns, and damages from the bat he was hit with. His abuse had been going on for a long while.

Y/n and Connor give each other a look.
[we must reach optimal stress for his confession.] she informs him through their connection. Connor nods and motions for her to go ahead.