Carlos Ortiz

It rains heavily, the raindrops hitting the ground like bullets.

Several months later, the two androids are back on a new mission. Connor and Y/n stood outside Jimmy's Bar.

*cling*
*cling*

Connor rolls the coins over his knuckles and tosses it between his fingers, back and forth. He gives himself a small smile at his little trick, then he looks over to his partner, wondering if she found his trick cool. She, however, was already walking towards Jimmy's bar.

He pockets his coin again and fixes his tie, walking after her, trying to ignore his disappointment.

[NO ANDROIDS ALLOWED]

The two androids ignore the sign. Connor opens the door for her as she steps inside, him following close behind her.

As they walk through the small bar, people look at them with disdain.

Connor scans the people's faces and then finds the one he was looking for. The two then approach the Lieutenant.

"Lieutenant Anderson. My name is Connor. This is Y/n. We're the androids sent by CyberLife." Connor introduces.

"We looked for you at the station, but nobody knew where you were. They said you were probably having a drink nearby. We were lucky to find you at the fifth bar." Connor smiles.

The lieutenant doesn't spare the two a glance. "What do you want?"

Connor speaks. "You were assigned a case early this evening. A homicide, involving a CyberLife android. In accordance with procedure, the company has allocated two specialized models to assist investigators." He informs.

The lieutenant raises his head slightly, holding a drink in his hand. "Well, I don't need any assistance. Especially not from a plastic asshole and his plastic girlfriend. So just be good pair of robots and get the fuck out of here." He says, drinking alcohol.

Connor frowns and decided his approach. Y/n quietly watches the two.

"Listen, I think you should stop drinking and come with us. It'll make life easier for all of us." Connor says.

Anderson just takes another drink.

Connor frowns again. "I'm sorry, Lieutenant, but I must insist. My instructions stipulate that I have to accompany you. And my partner has to accompany me. So we must take you with us."

Anderson sighs. "You know where you can stick your instructions?" Letting out a small laugh.

Connor and Y/n both look at the lieutenant confused. "No. Where?" Connor asks.

Anderson gives him a look. "Never mind." He drops back to the counter.

Connor and Y/n look at each other.
[offer him a drink], Y/n suggests through their connection.

Connor nods and turns back to the lieutenant. "You know what? I'll buy you one for the road. What do you say?"

Anderson stays quiet, but he doesn't say no.

Connor takes it as a yes and turns to the bar counter. "Bartender, the same again, please." He says and puts cash on the counter.

Anderson lifts his head. "See that, Jim? Wonders of technology... Make it a double." He says.
The bartender refills his drink.

Anderson downs the drink in one go and sighs. "Did you say homicide?"

Connor and Y/n turn back to each other and smirk.

-

The rain was falling harder than before. Anderson drives the car, regardless of Y/n and Connor's advice. They approach the scene and Anderson turns to Connor, who's sitting in the passenger seat.