𝟎𝟐𝟑

Swordsmiths Village

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        "Oh my! They defeated an Uppermoon?!" Kagaya said, sitting up against his wife's warnings.

His illness was getting worse. It was spreading to the rest of his body, making the majority of his face, neck, and arms look like that of rotting grapes.

"I knew it! With Her Grace's help, anything is possible!"

He doubled over, coughing up more blood. But he didn't care. His blind eyes were wide, filled with a hint of insanity.

"A hundred years! The balance that hasn't shifted for a hundred years has just tipped! Amane?"

His wife hummed in response, using the cloth to dab at the blood at his mouth.

"Do you understand?! This is an omen! Her Grace is started to move things around! And these things will spread! They will rock this world and change it! And eventually, they'll reach him!

"Kibutsuji Muzan! We will defeat you in this generation! You! The only stain on our clan! The only monster to ever scare Her Grace!"

His weakness caught up to him, and he started coughing again as he collapsed.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        Kibutsuji stood at his desk, frustrated beyond belief. Daki and Gyutaro were dead. The first Uppermoons to be defeated in one hundred years. They didn't even bring him his love. And he was furious.

He hated change. He despised it. The fact that the Uppermoons have changed was getting under his skin, and the fact that Her Grace still wasn't with him was irking him even more so.

He scanned the remaining Uppermoons. Gyokko... Hantengu... Akaza... Douma... Kokushibo... He made his decision. He will send Gyokko and Hantengu to destroy the Swordsmith Village, and Douma and Kokushibo, since Akaza obviously couldn't do it, to get Her Grace.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        "Your Grace, Your Grace!" Called out a familiar voice.

"Ah, Mitsuri," I said, holding out my arms for her to leap into them.

"Oh, it's been so long, Your Grace! I thought we wouldn't see each other again!"

I chuckled and smiled, gently pulling her away.

"Did you need something, my child?"

"Oh, yes, actually! I was going to the Swordsmith Village to get my sword fixed, and I was wondering if you want to come with me! The hot springs there are the best, and you deserve a few days of relaxation!"

I hesitated for a moment. I don't want to leave Tanjiro's side, but a few days doing nothing wouldn't hurt. Besides, I have a feeling that Tanjiro will be close by while I am there. So I accepted Mitsuri's invitation, much to her delight, and she proceeded to drag me off.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

✿Taisho-Era Secrets✿

❥ Kagaya needs to be put in a mental hospital or smth. He's gonna get worse 💀🙏🏽

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════