Ch. 29| Vulnerable

"Heeseung," I gently whispered his name, not even knowing why. Tossing and turning was probably the only thing I did the whole night. Such a long day—I thought remembering everything that happened the whole day.

Confronting Sunghoon was something I thought I would never do. I sat upright when something flashed into my mind.

My lips automatically curved upwards into a smile when I dashed towards my couch and grabbed my sling bag. I rummaged in it for a while before finally finding something soft and fluffy.

I took out the hamster plushie. It's so cute. I squealed internally. My mind wandered involuntarily to this afternoon when Heeseung threw the baseball to drop the target.

The twitch in his biceps could be clearly seen because of his short sleeved t-shirt. I lied down on the bed again with the hamster plushie in my hand.

He won it for me.

I instantly shook my head. I should not put meaning in it. I stared at the soft toy before nuzzling to it.

I wish I could remember the night he took me to his apartment.

The way he cooked breakfast for me, made me only fantasize about how he would look while unlocking the door to his condo with me in his arms.

I'm sure I was pretty drunk to even properly walk by myself.

Just then, a text popped up on my phone screen flashing it's light. I checked the screen to see Heeseung's message.

Obnoxious:
I need to talk to
you about something.
Serious stuff, I promise.
Where can I see you
tomorrow?

I did not open the message and put the phone down so that he would assume I was sleeping. I don't think it will be a good idea to see him when I'm feeling so vulnerable myself.

The next morning, I deeply exhaled, entering into the campus. Dragging my feet along the marbled floor of the overly grand library of our university, I kept thinking about scenarios where I would be completely unaware of Heeseung being a completely jerk.

Would I have been able to spend time with him then?

As if to punish me for my intrusive thoughts, my books dropped from my hand on the floor with a loud thud. I glanced around sheepishly to find annoyed gazes piercing the air in my direction.

I let out an exasperated sigh, scooching down to pick up my belongings. Suddenly a familiar veiny hand appeared into my sight, arranging my note copies in one of my books.

I looked up to find Heeseung sincerely helping me. He was still gazing down, his long eyelashes were complimenting his honey skin, his hair was a little parted to cause his bangs to prick his eyes.

The mole on his forehead could be perfectly seen through his parted black hair. My eyes scanned down to his pink curvey lips which was slightly open due to him being so focused.

The male abruptly looked at me, catching me off guard. "How many times do I need to tell you that it's a bad manner to ignore someone's text?"

"Huh?"

My innocent reaction made him chuckle. He stood up and kept my books on the table beside him. He stretched his hand for me to take just like the last night.

I took his hand as if it was a reflex. He helped me to get up. "I had texted you to meet me. Uh—" He rubbed the nape of his neck as if he was clueless about his own words.

Cute!

"It's for something important. I swear I'm not making up any weird stuff."

"Why did you need to talk to me?" I was whispering since it was a library. Heeseung could not comprehend anything I said due to my low voice.

So he leaned towards me, bending his head. "You were saying?"

"I—" My words got caught in my throat since the tension was again too much for me. Heeseung standing so close to me was something I could not easily ignore.

I wanna touch his hair.

His soft hair nuzzled against my forehead, making me internally squeal. "Wh—Why did you want me?"

"Oh that?" He smirked, moving back just a little, "I want you for a number of reasons. Which one do you want to listen, sweetheart?"

I rolled my eyes at him returning to his usual cocky behaviour. "If you keep this bullshit up, I'm leaving."

"No, wait." Heeseung grabbed my upper arm and spun me around. At this point, all eyes were probably on us.

"I wanted you to help me with my thesis. It's compulsory and on our integrated classes about public health medicines."

I freed my arm from his hold. "Now we are talking." The male smiled at my remark. "I swear I won't take a lot of time from you. I know how much academic pressure you are going through yourself. But it's not a big deal for you, right?"

I nodded, agreeing. "I need to do the same assignment myself. So we might as well do this together," I said, returning his smile.

"So let's meet up at at a nearby cafe after classes?"

The male cocked his head to the side, waiting for my answer. I finally noticed how he had captivated me from all way around. His tall stature was blocking me from going forward. His stout arm was resting on the wall beside my face so I would not be able to escape sideways.

"Sure," I replied.

So much to avoid Lee Heeseung.

__________

Vote for the chapter please!

Heeseung is so ethereal. I would cross oceans just to study with him. Do you think Heeseung really needs help or he just wants to spend time with Jiah??