Prologue

First Contact With the Angels

Timeline

It's me, Antros. I'm Back! I got a new account and a slightly better setup to remake My first story, First Contact with an Angel.

For those new, this story is set in a Warhammer 30k Alternate Universe where the Horus Heresy was vastly different, and Horus never betrayed the Imperium and stayed loyal to his dying breath. Here is a Prologue of events as they have happened differently in significant ways to the original story or will otherwise be necessary in this one! Updates will hopefully be quick to come out, but for now, it will be a bit touch and go until I get back into the swing of writing again.

The remaining loyal Primarchs are Vulkan, Roburte Guilliman, Rogal Dorn, Fulgrim, Ferrus Manus, Leman Russ, Magnus the Red, Sanguinius, Lion El'jonson, Perturabo, Jaghatai Khan, Corvus Corax, Omegon, and Alpharius. Konrad is perhaps alive, but that is yet to be seen. It seems he has remained loyal to the Emperor. The Sons of Horus (still loyal to the Imperium and have become far closer with the Blood Angels and the Emperor).

The only legions from the fallen Primarchs left are The World Eaters (who are Khorne Worshippers, of course), and the Death Guard (Nurgle's followers, although many did remain loyal to the Imperium of Man), a few Word Bearers.

As well the Blood Angels, The Emperor revealed having knowledge of the Red Thirst and informed them and Sanguinius how they might control it without losing themselves. And, because Sanguinius never died, the Black Rage isn't an issue for them either.

The only Races that will be part of the Citadel (whether as associates or live in the same space) are the primary ones in ME, I will not be including races like the Virtual Aliens and those discovered in the ME games, just for simplicity.

These are the Races that will NOT be a part of the Citadel: the Vorcha and Rachni. The Reapers may exist, but they will not be an actual threat like in my other story, Angel's Lament, and they will be the ones from the game. My purpose is to limit the amount of research and creating I must do and the amount of story I must dedicate to the other races. I'm doing this for fun, not to create more work.

For my version of events as well, the Three Councilors will be the same ones from the games: Asari = Tevos, Salarians = Valern, and Turians = Sparatus.

Thanks, and now enjoy!

Prologue

Early 31st Millennium - While bringing the Interex to heel, the Warmaster Horus Lupercal would be mortally wounded by the dreaded Anathame. Wracked with an unceasing and incurable pain before he died, Horus's sons Abbadon and Aximand brought their Father to the Temple of the Serpent Lodge out of desperation to save their leader. Once left within, Traitor Chaplain Erebus showed Horus visions of the horrible future should his Father's vision be achieved. A future where his Father would be worshiped as a god while the Imperium itself toiled endlessly in a million wars. As uncounted souls lived in squalor, suffering at the hands of his Father's Adeptus Terra just as he had feared. As doubt waxed and his faith in his Father wavered, The Dark Apostle offered Horus the chance of life, the promise of endless glory, and a chance to halt this fate. All he needed to do was renounce his Father and open his mind to the Truth.

Far off on Prospero, Magnus was alerted to his brother's suffering, enacted a ritual (violating the Nikea Edict) to psychically reach out to his brother, and was made aware of the consequences should his brother fall to Erebus's patrons. Magnus' spirit arrived and countered Erebus' baleful prophecies, pleading with Horus to remember their Father and all their dreams for the future. The Dark Apostle would again attempt to manipulate him as he fought the projection of Magnus, but in the end, Horus made his own decision. Horus chose not to give in to his pride or his fears; instead, he decided to put his faith in his brother Magnus and their Father together so that they might blaze a different future.