Chapter 1

First Contact with The Angels

Welcome! Alright, here is more lore on how the story will go before we begin.

For the Imperium, The remaining loyal Primarchs are Vulkan, Roboute Guilliman, Rogal Dorn, Fulgrim, Ferrus Manus, Leman Russ, Magnus the Red, Sanguinius, Lion El'jonson, Perturabo, Jaghatai Khan, Corvus Corax, Omegon, and Alpharius. Konrad is alive he's just gone missing after the death of most of his legion. Angron died from the Butcher's Nails and Mortarian died to Jaghatai Khan.

The only legions from the fallen Primarchs left are: The World Eaters (who are Khorne Worshippers, of course), and the Death Guard (Nurgle's followers, although some did remain loyal to the Imperium of Man), a few Word Bearers (not many left after their fight with the Custodes and Emps), The Sons of Horus who serve as both the emperor's wolves again and as Sanguinius liaisons with his father and partial bodyguards alongside the blood angels. Speaking of Blood Angels, The Emperor also now knows about Sanguinius concern over the Red Thirst and is helping to look for a cure for it. And, because Sanguinius never died, the Black Rage ain't an issue here.

The only Races that will be part of the Citadel for my sake are the: Turians (Plus the minor races associated with them), Asari, Salarains, Batarians, Quarian, and Krogans.

These are the Races that will NOT be a part of the Citadel: Vorcha (sorry), Raloi cause they dont really matter or even have any known art, and the other really minor ones (like the Virtual guys and Rachni in that they are currently extinct).

For the Three Councilors: Asari = Tevos, Salarians = Valern, and Turians = Sparatus.

Remember, this is my first foray into the fanfiction world, please be gentle with my story. With that said, let us begin the story.

(Also please feel free to sound off on whether the Systems alliance should be a thing and, if so, in what capacity. Should they exist but pre-first Contact, post first contact with the citadel, or what else? Should I include the Reapers? {but be warned, if they do, they will not be the significant villains} And Just any other recommendations you might have)

Chapter One

Quarantined Non-Imperial System

Segmentum: Andro

Systems Classification: Adeptus Nol-Exectus Onyx

Caution: System-Wide Quarantine In Effect

Those Caught Will Be Detained and Tried for Treason

against the decrees of the Emperor And Lord Commander

Aboard Promotor Class Civilian Transport: Melrose

Captain Macrinus sat on his Command Throne, his head throbbing in pain from the five days he'd gone without proper rest. All the while, he was connected to the throne. Data from every corner of the ship deemed necessary fed directly into his consciousness via the neural implants placed at the base of his skull. Macrinus cursed himself for taking this job, but he and his crew needed the money Lord Albestus had offered for the trip.

Macrinus was up to his eyes in debt for not only repairs but the retrofits he'd commissioned for the Melrose. When he had served to the end of his term in the Imperial Merchant Auxillia, he'd believed his retrofits would make his ship irresistible to the adventurous nobles of his blessed Imperium. Still, he had been proven wrong in his assumption.

In all twenty years of his retirement, he had only transported a handful of clients who had actually paid him what he was worth. This left him near destitute and unable to pay back the loans. His situation had gotten so bad that the Mechanicus Adepts were so fed up with his enormous debt that they would no longer repair the ship.