𝟸𝟹| 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐

"I really have to leave soon

"I really have to leave soon." I winced, trying to remove the hairbrush which is stuck in my wild curls.

"Ugh, that sucks. I really wanted us both to go together." Addy said, applying her makeup after she spent a good forty-five minutes doing mine first, accompanied by her romantic playlist playing on the speakers, not too loud to allow room for conversation.

With all the strength I could muster, I forced the brush out of my hair, sighing in relief,"Me too. But hey, didn't Jake text you earlier that he'll be picking you up?" I asked, starting to detangle my hair, clearly recalling how her cheeks were tinted red before she showed me the message.

"Oh yes, he did. But still..... don't worry. I'm sure everything will be amazing! I have complete faith in you, Prez." I smiled a little, feeling proud of myself.

"Thanks, Addy." She looked at me after applying the eyeliner, and gave a heartwarming smile as she shook her head.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I'm just glad you're attending homecoming this year. Last year, the theme as well as the homecoming sucked without you." Addy started applying a bright cherry red lipstick now.

"Sorry.." I trailed off, remembering how last year, my mom found out that I scored a low grade in a maths test and grounded me and forbade me from attending the dance. It wasn't even anything serious, and didn't even count in my final grade.

I love my mom and everything, but sometimes she can be a bit too much to deal with.

She only wants the best for me, I know that for sure.

"I do love Mrs.Evans, but I'll admit honestly that she can be harsh at times. I don't know how you do it, Jen."

To be honest, I don't know how I do it either.

As soon as Addy was finished with her makeup, her mom joined us in Addy's room, with a batch of freshly baked brownies.

Addy's mom, Jane Smith, used to be a famous theatre actress and singer, and has won many awards for her outstanding performance, including the Obie Awards.

Now, we know where Addy gets her dramatic acting and insanely good vocals from.

"You girls look so stunning." Addy's mom complimented us with a gentle smile, the kind of smile that just soothes you from inside.

Addy and I thanked her together, as I brushed the last of my curly hair again, wincing in pain before taking a bite of the brownie, and eating it quickly.

"I have no idea what I'm going to do with this mess of a hair." I grumbled, after wiping my hands and looking at my curly hair in the mirror, which I was busy untangling for the past few minutes.

Being in a hurry isn't helping at all, I can't go looking like Mother Gothel from Tangled. On a regular day, I wouldn't mind it. But now, I clearly need some help.