✧˚ · . 2. ramen and audtions

MIMI'S POV

MIMI'S POV

During the next few days, Mimi got ready for the audition by staying focused and avoiding any distractions. She spent her time in her room reading the script that her agent Naomi had given her. "Why is it okay to make someone feel bad just because you have a big ego?" Mimi was going over her lines, saying, "You can do this," quietly to herself.

"Hey Mimi!" her mom called out as she entered the room.
"Yeah, mom?"
"Naomi sent over your audition info and you have the meeting today, so you might want to start getting ready," her mom mentioned before leaving the room.

She expressed her gratitude before shifting her focus to her closet, selecting a simple purple cardigan and khaki jeans. The outfit reminded her of something Carter would wear. After changing, she applied some light makeup, styled her hair into two pigtails, and headed downstairs. She entered her parents' office, sat at the computer, and opened Naomi's email to click on the zoom link.

Upon entering the Zoom meeting, her heart skipped a beat as she spotted her favorite author, Raine Riordan. Internally, she couldn't contain her excitement, but as soon as the conversation began, all her fangirling tendencies vanished. "Hey! You must be Mimi, I'm Raine," the smiling woman introduced herself. "I know who you are, I'm like obsessed," she blurted out, cringing a little at her own words. "Sorry, I know that must be a little weird."

"No, it's fine! I get it a lot. If I'm being totally honest, I love your work!" Raine reassured her, causing her to feel even more starstruck. "Wow! Thank you," she replied, completely in awe. "No problem! Let's get started, shall we?" Raine said happily.

With every line and gesture, she poured her heart and soul into the character she loved so dearly. She hoped that her portrayal of Carter truly embodied the essence of the character, and that it shone through in her performance.

"Alright, kiddo, you're done. Great job! We'll let you know if you get the callback in a few days. Goodbye!" one of the directors announced. "Bye!" she exclaimed, feeling a sense of accomplishment knowing that she had given it her all.

"I need to change out of these clothes," she whispered to herself, shutting her laptop and walking to the living room to greet her parents, "hi guys."

"Hey sweetie, how did it go?" Her dad asked, looking up from his phone. "I think it went well, I hope," she replied, moving towards the couch.

"That's great, I'm sure you did fantastic!" Her mom said, feeling proud that her daughter was pursuing her dreams. "Thanks, I'm going to change and hang out with Charlie," she said, jumping off the couch and heading upstairs.

"Make sure to text us when you're leaving!" Her dad reminded her, returning his attention to his phone. "Got it!" she called back, climbing the stairs to her room.

After changing into more comfortable clothes, she quickly texted Charlie to discuss food options. After some back-and-forth, they both agreed on a cute Ramen place down the street.

After she left, she finally arrived at the place, of course, she took an Uber because she's a terrible driver and would definitely crash. She usually gets others to drive her or takes Ubers.

She got out of the Uber and thanked the driver. Then, she spotted her best friend and hurried over to her. "Hey, Charlie!" she exclaimed, giving the girl a tight hug as if they hadn't seen each other in years, even though it had only been three days.

"Hi, Mimi!" Charlie replied, hugging her back just as tightly. They walked inside and ordered their food.

They found a table and immediately started talking, mostly about Mimi's audition and how it went. Charlie gave her encouraging words, saying that she did great because she truly believed it.

"You know who else is auditioning, right?" her best friend asked, sipping on her soup.

"No, who else?" Mimi asked, feeling a little confused because she wondered how Charlie knew about it. "Don't freak out, but it's Brady," Charlie revealed.

"Wait, you mean Brady Noon? Brady?" Mimi said, feeling a little dumbfounded. She had the biggest crush on him, even though she had never met him. How could she like someone so much without ever meeting them? Hm.

"Yeah, xochitl mentioned it," she said casually, "why didn't she tell me?" Mimi asked, looking surprised, while the other girl just shrugged.

The two kept chatting, snapping a few selfies to maybe upload later, and once they were finished, they headed back to Mimi's place. Clearly, Charlie was behind the wheel since Mimi would have definitely caused an accident."

adva's notes ✧.*
Well, the audition is finally here. I was going to make it a face-to-face audition instead of a virtual one, but then I had already wrote it so here you guys go I know this is really short and not the best so yeah unfortunately next chapter is an Instagram post but don't worry there will be a little IRL there OK anyways have fun reading 🩷 ✧.*

I also didn't proof read so, that sucks tell me if there's any mistakes!!