14

ROOSTER

ROOSTER

Me and Jada was in the livingroom watching tv, and talking she was sitting behind me. She was giving me a massage she would stop and go, then she finally stop acting silly with me.

Jada resumed the massage, this time using her thumbs on the back of my neck. She went higher, then her touch lightened and she ran the backs of her fingernails lightly over the nape. I gasped at the sensation, and she stopped. "Are you okay, Rooster? Did that hurt?"

My heart was beating faster. "No," I replied, "it's just that...well, you touched a very sensitive spot.."

"On your neck?" She did it again, provoking the same reaction.

"Yeah." My pulse increased again, and my breath was short. "That's it." Her nails were still there, stroking. Endorphins popped in my brain and I felt energized...relaxed and sensual at the same time. I felt my control wavering. "Stop...please stop." She didn't. "Jada...please."

She ceased stroking. "What is that?" she asked, curious.

I couldn't answer at first, but after I caught my breath I replied, "It's a...well, an 'E-spot.' Like an energy point. It never works when I touch it myself, but when someone else does...well, you saw the reaction."

"Yeah," she said. Her voice expressed her awe at what she'd provoked in me. "It's almost like I turned you on. I've never seen that before."

"Well...you kind of did. That's why I asked you to stop; it was just too intense." I said as my breathing had returned to normal. Jada looked at me for a very long moment, almost as if she were searching for something. "What?"

"Wanna talk about it?" she asked I got up and thought about it for a few minutes.

"It makes me mad, Jada it makes me mad I been crying all night because of it. She didn't know what the fuck I been through when she could have fought for me to get me. I'm mad as fuck, she had other kids but why she didn't she want me... Do you know what I been through my uncle raped me repeatly and beat me over and over for no reason, I been on drugs, I been homeless. I been through a lot and she wasn't there I needed my fucking mother and a father I don't even know who the fuck he is and I don't give a shit I needed my fucking mother" I cried

"Rooster" she said trying to slow me down from pacing.

"She was absolutely right to give me up. Was it a hard decision? I hope it was. I believe it was, at least." I said

"Rooster don't be mad but here.. While you was sleeping I dropped Rima off with Katt then I met up with Jackie she wanted me to give this to you" she said handing me a letter I took it and stared at it for a while before opening it.

'Dear Raymond,

I'm struggling over how to begin this letter to someone whom I hope will allow me back into his life one day with the understanding that what I did was not my fault that he/ you was taken from me. I've struggled on what to write. Then it dawned on me one day that I don't need to script out what I want/need to tell you. It should come from the heart. I want you to know that I love you with all my heart you are my baby. When I found out that I was pregnant with you my third pregnancy. At that moment I knew that I wanted so much more for you. Not that I didn't want more for my oldest two. I knew that you were a special boy you was a gift from God and I thanked him everyday for you.