Chapter 5

Alex POV

It is the first week in June and it is Henry's first Trooping the Colour as King and he is really excited but also scared at the same time. Not only that I am in my 4th month of pregnancy and so far I have not had any problems. We are woken up by our piper who plays underneath the window and Mary our personal maid comes in to open the curtains and she says,"Good Morning your Majesties it is a beautiful sunny day for a birthday parade!" She smiles and curtseys to us and leaves. Henry has his hand wrapped protectively around my belly and he slowly opens his eyes and says,"Good Morning Alex how did the two of you sleep?" I sigh kissing my husband and groan,"Good for the most part!" I sit up so that my back is resting on the ornate headboard and I continue,"Except for the multiple trips to the bathroom I swear the baby is using my bladder as a soccer ball!" I pout giving my husband puppy dog eyes and Henry chuckles as he pecks my lips and says,"Awwww poor baby is that why you kept getting up every 10 minutes?" I nod as I lay my head on his shoulder. Soon our footman walk in with our breakfast and our boxes so we can go through them before we need to get changed for the parade.

Our breakfast consists of eggs, bacon, scones, fruit, coffee and tea along with assorted jams and jellies and the two of us dig in while it is still hot. As I am eating I have to keep a hand on my belly because the baby is moving  around and it causes me to giggle. Henry looks up from his phone and smiles and he says,"What are you laughing at sweetheart?" I swallow the bite of food and I say,"Someone wanted to say good morning come here!" Excitedly Henry gets up and walks around the table as I push my chair back a bit and he gets down on his knees to say hello to our child. He kisses my belly and then looks at me and smiles and he says,"I love both of you so fucking much!" We share a deep long passionate kiss and then after we are done with going through the boxes our dressers come in to help us change. The Color this year will be trooped by Henry's Regiment the Scot's Guards and so he is in the uniform of the Regiment and I am in my Irish Guard uniform but it has extra room to accommodate my growing belly. Henry walks in and wraps his hands around my belly and says,"Hey Sweetheart Bea will be here soon to ride with you to Horse Guards and she will be sitting with you on the Dias okay?" I nod as he quickly kisses me deeply as he heads out to get on his horse Braymar.

A few weeks ago we found out that there was a lone survivor in the crash and that was Bea she had been ejected from her seat and miraculously landed in the grass and only had a few minor cuts and bruises. Thankfully she is still alive and well and I am grateful for the doctors and nurses who helped keep her alive. Shann knocks on the door, opens it and nods as he says,"The Princess Royal your Majesty!" Bea strides in with her Captain of the Blues and Royal uniform and she says,"Good morning your Majesty!" She kisses both my cheeks and she gives me a small bow. "Bea! Am I gald to see you! Could um?" I struggle to button the top button and she bats my hands away and says,"Chin up sir and..... There.... We.....go!" I realise she also tied my necktie as well and she also helps me into my uniform jacket which I button up and put my sword belt on and gloves on. The door opens and Shann says,"They are ready for your departure Sir!" I smile and say,"Thanks Shann!" I walk out with Bea falling two steps behind me and we are led through the great drawing room and out into the west doors where the carriage is waiting for us. Two guards salute and Bea and I return them and she steps up into the carriage and I slide in next to her.

The carriage starts to move and the Departure trumpet sounds and then the two of us salute the color as the National Anthem plays and we make our way to Horse Guards to watch the parade. At exactly 11 o clock the parade starts and the three of us enjoy the pageantry of the Trooping and then we go back to Buckingham Palace to watch the flyover and as soon as the B-2 passes over Henry and I share a long deep photo worthy kiss. With one final wave to the cheering crowds we go back inside so the two fof us can relax for the rest of the day.