Spilling out

Nehmat's pov

I stepped out of the lift followed by Ekam . He started to go towards his car when I stopped him .

" Ekam , can we walk ?" I questioned with nervously as I didn't knew whether he would agree or not .  When he did not respond for a few seconds I spoke " No, it's ok if -

" Ofcourse why not " He replied with a smile " and you don't have to hesitate to ask or say anything to me " he added

We left the society and I asked him  "Do you always keep clothes in your car ?"

" Yeah! Just in case of emergency or something " He answered with a smile
                          Time skip

While talking we were halfway when a car passed by me speedily after which I found Ekam on my right side and me on the safe side . My lips curved into a smile subconsciously .
The gurudwara was now visible . I covered my head and soon we were at the entrance . We removed our footwears and entered the heavenly peaceful place .

The familiar scent of purity in  the air, mingling with the soft strains of kirtan that filled the atmosphere. Each step I took felt like a pilgrimage, drawing me closer to the sacred space where I sought solace and connection.

Entering the Gurudwara, I felt a sense of calm wash over me, like a gentle embrace from the divine. The prayer hall was aglow with the soft flicker of candles, casting shadows that danced along the walls. I followed Ekam towards the front, where the Guru Granth Sahib lay adorned in vibrant silks and fragrant flowers.

Bowing my head in humility, I closed my eyes and let the soothing melodies of the kirtan wash over me. With each note, I felt as if all the worries vanished .

Following the prayers, me and Ekam made our way to the langar hall, where the aroma of freshly prepared food greeted us . Sitting cross-legged on the floor, we ate simple yet delicious langar .( the food meal offered in the Gurudwaras to all the visitors.)

After the langar we left from there not before wearing our footwears and headed towards my place.

                              Time skip

By the time we reached home , at had thought everyone might be gone but to my surprise they were all there only .

" I thought you guys must have left till now " I spoke entering the living area

" How can we leave before helping you clean all the mess " simran  said

" But I would have done myself ."

" No denying now lets start and moreover we have to go for shopping as well in the evening " Tanvi announced

"Shopping?" We all said together

" When was it decided ?" Aarav asked

" Now ! I did just now " Tanvi said smiling proudly

" But why this sudden plan , what's the need " I jumped in the conversation

" Nehmat , you might be the first girl who's asking what's the need for shopping! " Simran said

" Yeah , and let me remind you all we are having our freshers after 2 days if you forgot and that's why we are going for shopping " Tanvi said

" Oh yes ! It slipped  my mind " Ekam spoke

" So let's clean fast " Tanvi said and we started doing the same she mentioned.

                          Ekam's pov

The Cleaning was almost done . I picked up the mattress and pillows to keep them in Nehmat's room when I saw  her standing infront of her wardrobe looking at something . I went near her to see what that was only to find a picture of 3 people who I assume to be her parents and herself .