{Chapter 6} The Truth (Daman)

A/N:

Hi! We are posting this together in person for the first time!

 In the library, bathing in the soft, flickering candlelight, I was reading a book I found in the library called 'Jargona and What We Know' to help me better understand how the other kingdoms thought we were like. I had been in the library for about an hour and a half now, skimming through books and scoffing here and there when I reach parts that were stupidly written.

I was sitting - or, in my case, leaning against a desk - in wait for the princesses to come in again since - as much as I hate to admit it - I am a stupidly stubborn person and I wait for people to come to me, not for me to go to them like a lost animal. My plan to outwait them yielded pleasing results though, because while I was skimming through page ninety-seven, I heard light, cautious footsteps coming towards the library door. The door creaked open and standing there exuding determination, was the one-and-only, Princess Zoey of Sullersy.

"What brings you here, Your Grace?" I stood upright and did a sarcastic bow, a smug smile plastered on my face.

"Oh, I just wanted to confirm about this whole 'plan' thing." She faked a smile.

"No need to confirm, it is none of the princess of Sullersy's business to know anything about us." I looked up and saw that she looked like she was thinking rapidly, "This 'plan' that you are so worried about is simply nothing but you and Princess Livia being too paranoid and seeing subterfuges when there are none."

I looked confident on the outside but on the inside I was thinking; thinking hard. What if she figures it out? Would she tell my mother? If she does, how would my mother react? Should I just tell her and make her pledge to not tell anyone?

"Well... I guess if this is nothing I can point this out to Queen Jennifer?" She was smug but I could not let her tell my mother anything.

"No!" I replied sharply, "You absolutely cannot tell my mother about this!"

"Why shouldn't I?" Zoey looked at me and crossed her arms, "I can just walk out of here and-"

"Come here with Livia tomorrow at noon..." I looked at her with worry, "There is something I haven't told you about Jargona..."

She looked at me with her eyebrows raised. "Guess I got the truth out of you... So it was something." She smiled innocently and strutted out of the room with confidence.

Did I actually just say that? My mother is going to literally kill me!

The door creaked open again and someone else walked in.

I looked up expecting it to be Zoey coming back to irritate me some more, but no. It had to be Queen Jennifer, my mother.

"Hello Daman," She gave me a look that I couldn't quite explain.

"Mother." I replied as I gave her a curt nod.

"You haven't told anyone about our... planned course of action, have you?" She gave me a smile, revealing her immaculate rows of white teeth, which was weird because she never smiles unless it is for a political purpose.

Has she already figured it out?

"No... Of course not." I gave my mother a reassuring smile back.

Queen Jennifer scanned over the library with her sharp eyes, no doubt making sure that nobody was eavesdropping, "There has been a little change of plans..."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows, "What changed?"

"Well instead of knocking the princesses unconscious, we will instead remove their memories so that they will work for us!" She replied with confidence.