Chapter 10 - Bad Dream

Hello lovelies, got another chapter for you all, been updating the stories a little frequently the last few days, so this one was not going to be left out, it only takes longer for this one as I watch the anime/read the manga alongside writing it to make it as accurate to the story as possible!

⋆。˚ ☽˚ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

"Perhaps I slept wrong again" you giggled out, earning a smile from both of your parents. They began to finish fixing breakfast as you stood alongside them to help them prepare the food. "Yeah, maybe it was all just a bad dream" you muttered to yourself.

⋆。˚ ☽˚outside of dream☽˚。⋆

"Everything's set..." came a voice, slightly higher pitched than the regular male. A grey-skinned demon stood on top of the train, the wind making his black hair fly in all sorts of directions. The pink and blue tips becoming nothing but a colorful blur. "The ropes which I created allow one to invade the dreams of whoever it is you're tethered to" he raised his hands in the air as if guiding an orchestra. His cyan eyes cast over the terrain flew swiftly by him.

"I always use the utmost caution when I engage in battle" he started, the mouth on his land licking its tongue over its teeth as if ravishing a meal. "Hashira or not, once asleep, you are no different than that of a newborn. I will enjoy this savory feast after I have disposed of the demon hunters" The demon's arms lowered slightly before he brought his left hand out in front of him.

⋆。˚ ☽˚elsewhere in the dream☽˚。⋆

A small head peaked through a window, seeing you and your family conversing with one another, a sickenly grin plastered on his face.

"What a lovely family..." he murmured to himself, pushing himself away from the window and placing his back against the wall beside it. "Sorry girly, but I have a dream to get, and if that means destroying you to get it.." he paused, pulling out a wooden spike with a metal tip from his yukuata, "then so be it" he said to himself before running off into the nearby woods.

The mysterious boy maneuvered swiftly through the trees as he ventured to find the edge of your dream that would lead to the realm of the subconscious. His pace quickened as he neared the edge.

"There it is..." he muttered, his hand reaching out and hitting an invisible barrier. Small ripples circled his hand as he added more pressure against the corner of your dream world. He quickly pulled out the small weapon and stabbed it into the clear substance, pulling it down and causing the barrier to tear open. His eyes widened as he looked out into your realm of the subconscious.

Thunder cracked as quick lightning bolts hit the ground of the grassy meadow. A heavy storm with powerful winds pulled the grass and trees in all sorts of directions. Heavy rain hit his skin as he stepped into the realm. He shivered at the sudden change in temperature, the wind carrying an ominous chill, making him shudder and grab onto his arms for warmth.

"What kind of realm is this?!" he cried out, looking across the valley. A sudden flash of light caught his attention as he dashed forward and narrowly avoided being struck by lightning. "Crap!" he screamed out as he dashed forward into the meadow, "I gotta find that core somewhere!". His running carried on as the storm sent many attacks of lightning at the intruder. The boy only narrowly missed a few of the strikes but would still cause his pace to waver. The boy continued running until he reached the eye of the storm.

A small patch of grass could be seen coming into view, where sunlight managed to creep through the dark grey clouds. The boy's eyes widened as he saw the glistening orb float in the middle of the sunny patch. The color wavered, shifting between reds and blues.