Chapter 6 - Dispute

Hello, lovelies and welcome to a new chapter! I have nothing important to say this time, so let's hop right into the next chapter!

⋆。˚ ☽˚ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

(Y/n) Pov:

"Of course one of you demon slayers had to come along and make my fun come to an end" called the demon. He turned around and showed off himself regenerating the area where I had sliced his neck. His almost white skin glowed under the lantern light, while his golden eyes made contact with mine. I felt myself freeze as I noticed the Kanji in his left eye. 'Lower Moon Two'

I readied my stance as he and I had a staring contest with one another, waiting for the other to strike the first blow. It was oddly silent before I heard the flapping of wings. I didn't remove my eye contact from the demon but knew that Hono was close enough to hear me.

"Hono, lead the people of the village out of here, it isn't safe! Call for the Kakushi for medical attention and clean up once you are done leading the villagers away" I called out, keeping a tight grip on my katana.

"Funny of you to assume that I haven't already handled the citizen situation" rang a voice in my right ear. I quickly looked over and met a pair of heterochromatic eyes staring into my own, a small look of judgment gleaming in them. "Help the wounded while I deal with the demon" Iugro-san said before he dashed forward, pulling out his sword from his tsuba. My eyes caught notice of the strange sword. It was unlike any kind of sword I have ever seen. Its design is twisted and curled much like how a snake slithers on the ground. "Serpent Breathing, first form...Winding Serpent Slash" after Iguro-san began attacking, I dashed back to the woman whom the demon had been attacking before. She was still lying on the ground, so I knelt next to her, wrapping my arms under her knees and lower back, picking her up, and running away from the fight scene.

"Wh- who are you people?" the woman shuddered as I carried her. I looked down at her and noticed the fear in her eyes. I felt a ping of guilt the longer I looked at her and realized that she was the only person injured that I could protect and save.

"We are warriors, defending the people from monsters known as demons" I muttered as I quickly made my way to a more secluded area, far away from the battle going on between Lower Moon Two and Iguro-san. I placed her down gently on the floor. "What places do you know that you are hurt?" I asked, giving her some space.

"My right side feels like it was scratched open and my ankle is broken" she replied flatly as she readjusted herself. I only nodded and inspected her injuries. She had a large gash on her side, but not large enough to cause her to bleed out, and her ankle was indeed broken, but what was more problematic was the stab wound behind her knee. If the wound didn't get treated quickly then she would die of blood loss. I quickly pulled out a small roll of bandages that I carry with me. Master Rengoku always told me to bring medical supplies with me in case I were to come across an injured citizen who needed medical attention.

"You have a severe laceration behind the knee, I am going to have to apply high pressure to it so you don't bleed out" I said to her, showing her the bandages. She nodded slowly. I lifted her dirtied kimono slightly so I could get a better look at the wound. I positioned her leg out flat, I could tell that she winced, but she just nodded for me to continue, grabbing a large gauze, I pressed it firmly against the wound, making her wince again. Small tears pricked the edges of her eyes as she leaned back in pain. I felt sorry that she had to go through this kind of pain but to save her life, I knew what had to be done.

I wrapped her leg quickly with the bandage, making sure it was kept tight and wouldn't allow any excess blood to drain out of her. I finished the treatment and secured the bandage to her leg.