Chapter 4 - New Assignment

Hello lovelies and welcome to a new chapter, hope you all enjoy this one!

Holy crap, it's almost been a week, my bad qwq
⋆。˚ ☽˚ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

(Y/n) Pov:

"Get off of her" the person spoke as they walked into the room.

All eyes fell onto the person who had just entered the room. Their golden and red eyes scanned over every single one of the people there, but the eyes quickly landed on my figure as I was being tightly squeezed by the yellow haired boy.

"Please do not make me repeat myself again young man, let go of my pupil" master Rengoku stated, rather loudly. He walked over to us as stood right behind me. If I haven't mentioned it before, master Rengoku was very protective of me when it came to being around boys, so if ever I was to be around them, he would be on high alert and act as my big brother around them.

"Who are you anyways-" the yellow boy was interrupted as Tanjiro shot up and looked at master Rengoku.

"That's the flame pillar Zenitsu!" Tenjiro yelled out. The color in the boy, who was named Zenitsu, suddenly faded as he stared at the bright haired male behind me.
"Would you kindly let go of my Tsuguko before I have to make you?" master Rengoku said in a slightly more threatening voice. The arms that were once around me were quickly removed at the young boy shot back into his bed, cowering before the hashira. "Thank you kindly, now please refrain from touching my student without her permission again!" mister Rengoku laughed out, placing his hands on his hips.

"Thank you master Rengoku" I bowed to the hashira.

"It was not a problem (Y/n), you are like a sister to me after all, that's what big brothers do!" master Rengoku responded, very loudly.

Everyone just stared at the pillar as he stood there, his award-winning smile never leaving his face as he looked at everyone in the room. His eyes soon fell on the young trio that laid in their beds.

"Ah! You three must be the three demon slayers that traveled with a demon! Let me introduce myself, I am Rengoku Kyojuro, the flame hashira, and this is my tsuguko, Kemmochi (Y/n)!" master Rengoku yelled out as he threw an arm over my shoulder, showing me off, even though he already announced that I was his tsuguko like a minute ago.

"Hello mister Rengoku!" Tanjiro announced, giving master Rengoku a small bow, even though he was sitting down on a bed.

"Me and my student will have to leave now, I must talk to her alone on important business, good day to you all!" master Rengoku announced, and he placed his hand on my back, leading me out of the room.

The walk was abnormally silent as I followed Master Rengoku out of the butterfly estate and into a small garden. His walking soon came to a halt as he swiftly turned around and stared into my eyes, his face held one of sterness and I could almost immediately feel myself freeze in fear.

"What did you think you were doing?" Master Rengoku asked.

"I- I was called to a meeting with the master, but when I arrived-" I tried to finish but Master Rengoku stopped me, raising his hand as a sigh for me to stop.

"Not why you were there, why did you interfere, you know that only members permitted to the meeting are allowed there" master Rengoku scolded. I could feel myself get buried under a layer of shame and guilt as he lectured me. "But what I really want to know is why did you protect the demon?" he finally asked.

"I could feel the fear she had, it wasn't that kind of fear like a demon has before they get slain, it was fear for her life in general, a feeling of concern for not just herself but also her brother! I couldn't allow the wind hashira to torment the poor creature like that, I know that demons shouldn't be trusted but the aura she gave off was one of pureness, no trace of human blood can be found on her, you trained me to read them to see how many demons that a demon has devoured" I finished. Master Rengoku only stared at me with wide eyes as he heard my rant. He gave out a soft sigh, pinching the bride of his nose.