"I love you Frederick Weasley."

"Promise you'll make your way back to me." His eyes full of worry.

"Pinky promise." She linked her finger into his.

"Pinky promise." He smiled adoringly.

But not all promises can be kept.

If only she knew this would be the last time he'd ever hold her, the last time she'd feel his lips on hers. She would have held him tighter, kissed him with all the passion in her body. Maybe she would have stayed, a selfish thought perhaps, but screw the world if he wasn't in it. The grown-ups could deal with everything for once, but hey, hindsight is 20/20.

Back to reality Victoria sent a wave of heat to her wrist. Klaus dropped his hand in shock feeling it burn hot, a brief look of surprise on his face. Victoria breathed deeply, mask slipping slightly before she refocused her steely gaze.

"Is Rebekah safe?" He asked despite his confusion.

"Yes. She's safe." Vee replied bluntly.

"Good, that was all I needed to know." He'd inquire further about his father (and her apparent magic?!) later, it could wait.

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Goodnight Victoria." He nodded, vamp speeding away not before he heard her reply.

"Goodnight Niklaus."

Victoria stepped inside shutting the front door, sliding down the wall, she fended off the incoming panic as hard as she could, breathing becoming more erratic by the second.

"Are you okay Vic?" Jeremy asked concernedly, appearing seemingly out of nowhere.

"Yeah, I'm fine, tell Bex her brother was asking after her, I'm going to bed." Victoria replied startled.

"Oh okay, are you sure everything is alright?"

"Yeah Jer, I'll be okay." She sighed.

As she climbed the many stairs to her attic bedroom, thoughts of Fred took over her mind. What happened had thrown her for a loop, she'd spent so much time lately distracting herself that she hadn't had many flashbacks that intense. Entering the room, Victoria smothered herself in her duvet, curling into fetal position. She tried thinking of anything else, but it always came back to him. Tears leaked as she found herself sobbing deeply, a pair of arms and the familiar scent of lavender enveloping her, Ginny must've heard and snuck in.

"I've got you baby, I've got you."

The two remained curled up together through the wee hours of the morning, all through the night, the redhead comforting her softly.

********

The dull morning light and soft rain dancing on the roof was more than enough to stir Victoria from her slumber. Ginny however remained in a deep sleep, hair all over the place, drooling on Vee's Niffler teddy. Tori smiled, she didn't deserve her, after all she may have lost her boyfriend, but Gin had lost a brother. She was eternally grateful, not everyone had a best friend so loyal and caring to get them through something like this. Her thoughts drifted to her cousin; Draco was all alone. Sure, he had been a total twat growing up, but he stood strong with them in the end, defying his father and standing firmly against Voldemort – even if that was only in the final battle. The fog of war forced many people into places they really didn't want to be, she couldn't blame him for giving in to fear to protect his mother, she'd have done the same thing. Hmm, wonder what he was up to these days? She'd have to owl him and find out.