Let The Light In

"Hello Love."

The last person she wanted to talk to right now was him, literally anyone else would be better.

"What do you want? Late night teatime is no dickheads allowed." she inquired rolling her eyes, cup of tea firmly in hand, wearing a tired expression.

"Wow, are you that welcoming to everyone who graces your doorstep?" The hybrid smirked.

"Well, I'm not in the habit of greeting assholes with respect until they've earned it."

"You're quite something, most wouldn't dare talk to me like that, well if they valued their organs staying put that is. You're, brave." He paused thinking of the word.

Victoria scoffed. It wasn't a surprise to her that that's what he saw. I mean, that's what everyone saw. A heroine, a martyr. Why would he think anything otherwise? Did she want him to?

"You think I'm not afraid because I'm brave? Cocky? Honey, I just don't care what happens to me, that'll strike the fear out of a girl any day. I simply do not care." Vic shrugged looking at him pointedly.

"What do you m-"

"Oh and your dad is out and about, you can thank the pesky scoobies for that."

"My fa-"

"Plus, you're hardly scary are you? Lose all your hair and your nose then give me a call and we'll see what happens." She called over her shoulder, heading towards her front door, leaving him as per usual speechless.

"I... I... what?"

This girl sure was an enigma, if only she'd stop for five seconds and let him get his bloody words out. But it seemed every time they spoke, he'd just be left with more questions and his original ones unspoken.

"Wait!" He grasped her wrist gently to catch her attention.

"Vic come on! It doesn't always have to be you! Let the order take care of some of the shit. Stay... please." Fred caught her wrist, his pleading eyes looking down at her.

The two had finally caught a moment of privacy among the hustle and bustle of the Weasley-Delacour wedding, relishing any moment they could in this mad world they lived in.

"Freddie, you know that I can't. There's too much riding on me taking him down, it has to be me." Victoria sighed, not meeting his mournful gaze.

"I know... it's not fucking fair though, you're only one person."

"If it helps, you know I'll have Mia and Ronnie with me." She wrapped her arms around his neck smiling at him with that same smile, the one that drew him in all those years ago.

"Hmm Hermione maybe, Ron, that doesn't ease my worry in the slightest." He smirked.

"Hey! He's your brother!" She smiled trying to remain somewhat serious but failing miserably.

"He's a spoon is what he is."

"Okay, okay he's not the brightest but he more than makes up for it in enthusiasm." Vee sniggered. "And I love the numpty."

"You love me more though." Fred smirked knowingly, bringing her in for a short peck on the lips, familiar, safe, warm. Like they'd done it a million times before, like they'd do it a million more. A silent agreement, they'd do this for the rest of their lives.

"Was that ever a question?" She smiled.

"Never... I love you Victoria Potter."