This is what prefoming feels like...

Performing is something no words can describe. It sets you free, adrenaline pumping through your veins, giving you confidence to show the world what you can do. Performing alone is a wonder as is, but working for hours, repping over and over again, with people that you come to call family, just to put all that work on stage for sometimes less than ten minutes, is the real jewel. It is so beautiful because it is temporary. There is no way to recreate this other than in the moment. And I am so scared to lose it. Because oftentimes the last time someone will put on a uniform, a microphone, a costume, is in highschool before graduating. I don't want to lose it,  because I know I will never come back, caught up in work and life. I can always come back to the feeling of a finished art piece, a finished story. But one day, soon, I will play with others, get on stage, or finish a race, for the last time. I know saying goodbye and letting go is part of the process, but I don't want to forget. And I could live this out, by becoming a teacher and showing students the joy of performing, the wonders of how it can bring people together, but then I would never be able to witness my dream of being one with the sea, learning its power, and the freedom of the ocean. So I stick to the present the best I can, remember the feelings, the memories, the people, in this beautiful thing called life.