Chapter 2

Nari's POV

I woke up early today and arrived really early din sa café, i waited about half an hour din until i saw aliya from afar.

"Hi! ang aga mo naman" sabi nito sakin habang kinukuha ang susi ng café sa kanyang bag.

"Well it's better not to be late" i said while smiling at her.

We entered the shop and started with the basics, she taught me how to brew a coffee, how to use the machine and take orders. she was really great and i quickly learned from what she had taught me, which makes things easier for both of us.

We take turns to make coffee once the shop opened, i made a few mistakes but aliya took over and patiently teaches me again. she's really sweet and considerate.

"Well i'm impressed by how fast you are to learn these things" she said while helping me refill the coffee beans.

"It's not hard when you were taught by a good instructor" i said which made her smile.

The day went good, i can say i had a good start din even the manager is satisfied about our work and complimented us for our hardwork.

I was wiping the table when my phone rang, I excused myself for a moment before answering the call

"How was it? your first day?" the person on the other line said.

"It's going really good, i think i have a good start" sagot ko sakaniya habang pinapaypayan ang sarili ko dahil sa init. "If you don't have anything else to say i'll hang up na muna, i'm at work pa kasi" saad ko habang hinihintay na magsalita ang kausap ko sa kabilang linya

Nagpaalam na rin naman siya kaya bumalik na ko sa loob para tapusin ang paglilinis at pag-aayos ng upuan.

"Nari, come here" rinig kong sabi ni manager pagkatapos kong ayusin ang mga upuan.

Kumatok muna ako bago pumasok sa office, i was greeted by a party popper with a small portion of cake and a candle on top of it na hawak naman ni aliya.

"This is to celebrate your first day here." sabi ni manager habang mukhang excited pa saking hipan ang candle.

"Tradition na rito sa café to celebrate things like this, kahit ako nagulat din noon pero masasanay ka rin" sabi ni aliyah at ibinigay sakin ang cake na hawak nito.

"Also here is your uniform and your name tag as well, welcome to the family" naggroup hug kaming tatlo nang matapos kumain at nagkwentuhan nagpaalam na rin si manager na mauuna na munang mag-out since may important matter pa siyang aasikasuhin kaya kaming dalawa na lang ni aliyah ang natira sa shop.

We waited until closing time, and not as many customers visited naman na kaya hindi rin ganon kabusy nung closing na. I bid my farewell to aliya while she waved me a good bye in return and told me na mag-ingat pauwi.

Nang makauwi ako nagshower ako agad at nagpalit ng pair of pajamas, i cooked myself a dinner then kumain sa sala, pinilit ko talagang magkadorm since i want to become independent. I turned on the TV and the next thing i saw is my school that i'm currently attending is in the news.

"Breaking News: School forced to close amid corruption scandal. Authorities uncover embezzlement and unethical practices within administration. Parents demand accountability as investigations intensify." sabi nung news anchor at pilit na humihingi ng pahayag sa mga staffs and faculty sa school.

Patuloy lang ako sa pakikinig ng magring ang aking phone i saw the name of the caller and it's my mom. sinagot ko ito at she asked me to go back to our house tomorrow, i have a feeling that it is about my school being on the news.

***

Kinabukasn pagkatapos ng aking shift sa café dumiretso ako pauwi sa amin, i was greeted by my mom's worried face as soon as i entered our house.

"I assumed you already heard about the news circulating tungkol sa school you're attending.." sabi nito habang kinukuhanan ako ng baso ng tubig.

"Well, i was suprised when i saw it mom." i said while putting my bag on the table.

"Your dad and i decided to transfer you, Nari." she worriedly said after she reached me and placed her hands on my shoulder. making it seem like they got everything under control.

"Where?" i asked while sipping on my glass of water.

"In Everglade Academy, i took over all the matter and all you need to do is to continue your study there anak" dad said as he held my hands and patted my back.

I'm not really familiar with that school pero i heard it from someone na prestigious ang school na yun and only those with power and money are attending that school.

"Wait, is that a prestigious school? how are we going to pay?" i asked her still confused.

"Don't worry anak, your dad has it covered. be prepared na lang when the school started ulit, and mukhang malapit din yun from your dorm kaya hindi ka na mahihirapan sa transportation" she said and the worries on her face suddenly disappears.

Still confused about the sudden change, i bid my farewell to mom since i have a work pa to attend tomorrow. she asked me to stay the night pero ang sabi ko hindi kaya, even dad said it would be best if i stay pero i refused. in the end he drove me back to my dorm.

***

Days, weeks and months had passed, another school year is approaching and it's time for me to get ready for school na rin.

Our manager even asked us if working at the café won't hinder our studies were both aliya and i said na it won't affect it, pero he did said na he will lessen the hours of our shifts and that we need to give him our schedule sa school so he can adjust our schedule sa work. super considerate talaga ni manager oli, yes i'm spilling his name na, oli short for Oliver.

"You girls need to study hard okay?" sabi ni manager na parang naiiyak pa.

"Don't worry manager we got you covered on that" sabi ni aliya habang pinupunasan ang table habang ako naman ay inaayos ang mga upuan.

"Well then you can clock out ng maaga today since i know na tomorrow will be your first day sa inyong classes, and don't worry i won't deduct it on your paycheck." he tapped our shoulders and headed to the counter and before saying anything he gave us each one a piece of cake. "Consider this a gift from me sa inyong first day bukas" dugtong nito.

We gave him a hug and change on our clothes, we said our good byes before leaving the café. we even insisted to finish our shift since we saw that a lot of customers are buying inside pero he still sends us off and said na he can manage it alone.

"Well good luck on your first day tomorrow" sabi ko kay aliya, she did say the same thing and patted my shoulder, before parting our ways.

Well, I indeed have a new day tomorrow. new start. new environment and the only hope i have is for everything to go well. let's see how far my luck will get me.