Chapter 1

Nari's POV

New start. New beginning. ayan na lamang ang nasasabi ko sa tuwing sasalubungin ko ang panibagong araw, and to at least set the mood right di ba? sino ba naman ang gustong bumangon ng hindi maganda.

It's our summer break and napagdesisyonan kong maghanap ng part time job since pandagdag na rin sa aking allowance, to be fair i can say that i'm trying to be independent na rin and that means i need to shoulder my expenses.

Hindi sa hirap kami sa buhay, we are fortunate naman that we can buy things we want and eat at least 3 times a day, pero gusto kong maramdaman yung fullfilment na i did something as a result of my hardwork. My parents are against it at first pero i insisted on doing it kaya wala rin naman silang nagawa kundi hayaan ako, and i know that they always got my back naman.

Enough of that, actually today is my first job interview sa isang café shop and nung nakita ko na they were looking for a partimer, nagpass agad ako ng aking resume.

I swear this is my lucky day!

Or so i thought, i was in the middle of traffic jam and itong jeep na sinasakyan ko barely even move, i constantly looking at my wristwatch since i don't want to be late.

Nang makita ko na malapit na ko sa café napagdesisyonan ko ng bumaba at lakarin na lamang, at kung hindi nga naman talaga ako minamalas gumaan ang traffic at lumuwag na ang daloy ng mga sasakyan nung makababa ako.

I brushed the thought na malas ako today, i need to have a positive mindset. i don't want that affecting my day. my mood and never my chance to land in this job.

"You got this, Nari!" sabi ko sa sarili ko tsaka ko tinap ang aking balikat, sign to give myself courage.

Then i composed myself again hanggang sa makapasok na ko sa café shop. I was greeted by an employee.

"Good morning, ikaw ba yung isa sa mga applicant?" she asked me with her endearing smile. i nodded and she assist me sa isang chair kung saan malapit sa mga applicants din na nag-aapply.

I felt really nervous bigla after seeing someone walk towards the door, sign that any moment i'll be the one inside na rin. pero i don't need to be nervous in this crucial time, or else baka hindi ako makapagsalita mamaya kaya i did an inhale and exhale to calm myself a bit.

"Ms. Rinaldi, you can come in." sabi nung girl na nag-assist sakin. she cheered me up a little and said goodluck before i come in.

"Well good morning, Nari. right?" tanong sakin nung manager while i nodded and extended my hand for a handshake.

He let me sit first and quickly browses on my resumé.

"It says that you're still in high school right?" i said yes "Why do you want to work here?" he said it straight while looking at me.

"Uhmm.. I'll be honest sir, i just want to work not because i needed this. i want to experience how to work in a way that i want to show that i can stand on my own, that i can be independent providing for myself, and to feel that i've done something as a result of my hardwork" I said hoping that he can see through it how genuine i really am.

Ngumiti lang ito bago sabihing "I heard that one before.." muli niya akong tinanong ng mga basic questions na lang like if ever na ihahire niya ko wala naman bang problema, then i said none. He was very considerate and supportive throughout the interview.

Before i leave he extended his hand for a handshake and said "You're hired. Come here at 10:00 am for your first day at work" he opened the door and may tinawag sa labas.

"This is aliya she will teach you tomorrow, find her and she will help you with everything" the manager said before i thank him and leave the room.

"Congrats, I'm Aliya." sabi nito at nakipaghandshake, i did the same thing and smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, ingat!" she escorted me palabas ng café and before i make another step i bump into someone, unintentinally spilling the coffee on his shirt.

"Damn, look where you're going! you ruined my shirt" sabi nito habang pinapagpagan ang coffee stain na nasa shirt niya.

"I'm so sorry, i swear i didn't saw you" pagpapaliwanag ko habang itinatabi ang cup ng coffee na natapon sa gilid.

Iniangat naman niya ang tingin sakin kaya nagtagpo ang aming mga mata.

"If you weren't stupid enough, hindi mo matatapon yung coffee ko. besides you need to compensate me, my shirt and my coffee" sabi nito habang ineextend ang kaniyang palad na para bang hinihintay niya akong  abutan siya ng pera.

Napahawak ako sa aking wallet, pero naalala ko palang wala akong cash kaya i asked him if i could withdraw muna sa malapit na atm machine which he strongly refused.

"Malay ko ba if tatakbuhan mo lang ako?" he said, is this guy serious!? never kong gagawin yun!

"I would never do that, if you don't believe me then" ibinigay ko ang bag ko sakaniya at kinuha ang panyo sa bulsa ko itinali ko ang magkabilang dulo nito sa kamay niya at sa kamay ko. he was confused and pilit na inaalis ang kaniyang kamay.

"Are you crazy!? what are you trying to do? are you going to abduct me!?" he said while trying to make a scene.

"Hey! you said baka takbuhan kita kaya i tied our both hands! and I'm not going to abduct you this is just my way of telling you na i won't run without compensating you!" pagpapaliwanag ko sakaniya, i dragged him along with me and luckily there's an atm machine malapit sa café.

"Here!" abot ko sakaniya ng one thousand siguro enough na yun para sa shirt and coffee niya.

"Are you joking?" he smirked at me and rolled his eyes.

"What do you mean?" i confusedly asked while untying his hand and mine.

"The shirt you just ruined is worth at least five thousand, you just compensate my coffee not my shirt" the jerk said which makes my eyebrow raised. five thousand my ass now he's scamming me for real!

"Hey, i compensate you na ah! why are you asking for more!?" i firmly said while still disputing that i compensated him just.

"Don't you know how to do your math? i said this shirt worth five thousand what you gave me is just for my coffee" he enunciated while fixing his hair.

"The tag price? i won't pay you a thousand more if you don't hand me the tag price of that shirt" i reputed. well first this is not fair for me i won't pay him the money unless he showed me the price of the shirt.

"Who in the right mind will bring a tag price of their shirt?" he said while frowning at me.

"I don't know do you have it or not? i will not pay for it unless you showed me" i said without hesitation, i said what i said, i need proof not baseless talk.

"I don't have it!" he said while looking at me even though i couldn't see him but i could feel how sharp those stares are.

"Look, i already apologized and gave you the rightful compensation. if you like i could buy you a shirt if hindi pa rin enough, but i can't pay you the price you wanted." sabi ko sakaniya pero tinalikuran na niya ko without saying a word. i waited for few more minutes while watching him drove away with his car.

Well that saves me money and time.

Although i feel relief, I feel really guilty kaya i will just promise hereon that if we ever meet again i will buy him a new shirt.