54

-The Next Morning-

-Y/n Pov-

Me and Peter is walking down the street with Ned, he was carrying a huge stack of thick books in his arms due to the loss of his backpack.

Ned-You got bit by a spider? Can it bite me? Well, it probably would've hurt, right? You know what? Whatever. Even if it did hurt, I'd let it bite me. Maybe. How much did it hurt?

Peter-The spider's dead, Ned.

Peter cut the conversation short, allowing no room for further discussion on the subject.

He looked back back at me whispering

Peter-You, ok?

I looked at him nodding as he grabbed my my hand with his pinky behind him

Peter-You look good

He eyed my outfit from the side and I smirked

Y-Thank you-

Ned stops as he looks ahead. His eyes go wide.

Ned-Whoa.

We stop short, examining Delmar's Sandwiches. It is almost burnt down, the store name almost illegible.

Police tape and barricades surround the shop. Various police officers and crime scene investigators are working around it.

Ned-You both were here?

Peter warily eyes the agents standing near the scene.

Peter-Yeah.

Ned-You could've died.

The teens behind us stare at the badly damaged building. Expressions completely serious.

Ned-Do you lay eggs?

Peter-What? No.

Peter laughs at the absurd and anticlimactic suggestion.

Y-I hope not

****

We were at school and I felt so bored without Peter. I always felt a bit of unease due to everyone talking about me all around me.

"I can't believe a avenger is here"

"Everyone is making such a big deal. She's only popular because of her father"

"She's so hot, spider dude is lucky"

"I can't believe she's dating spider-man"

Well looks like the news had spread.

***

Class after class was the same thing until my 3rd period, where I finally got to speak with that Liz girl. Well, she spoke to me.