Skeleton Soldier: One

Compared to his cautious demeanor when he set out, John Smith returned with much more swagger.

After all, having just recruited two skeleton minions, including one of the most skilled skeleton archers among his peers, facing a bunch of newly spawned skeletons, all no more than level 1, it would be unscientific if they didn't sweep through on their way back!

Encountering any skeletons along the way, John Smith didn't hesitate to let the skeleton archer take the lead with a few arrows. And basically, few skeletons could withstand the skeleton archer's barrage. Even if a few managed to break through and approach John Smith after dodging the bone arrows, they were usually in bad shape by then. At this point, John Smith would cast "Blind" or "Stun" and then command his sword-wielding skeleton to deliver the final blow. Clean and efficient. At most, there were one or two times when skeletons suddenly attacked from behind, but after being vigilant, John Smith and his crew could easily handle them.

With the path cleared and the surroundings seemingly safe, John Smith, who had originally planned to return home, changed his mind. After spending over two hours re-surveying the area and confirming that only level 1 skeletons were around, he deemed the environment safe enough to return with his skeleton minions.

When John Smith returned to the cave two hours later, the two skeleton minions he initially had had become three. The additional one was the skeleton archer he had subdued during those two hours. It took quite some effort for John Smith to tame this one; the skeleton archer almost shot through his skull. But after subduing it and witnessing both skeleton archers team up to instantly take down a level 1 axe-wielding skeleton, John Smith felt that the effort was worth it.

Furthermore, after subduing the second skeleton archer, John Smith felt like he was on top of the world. With more followers under his command, he realized the need to give them names for easier identification. After pondering for ten seconds, the names "Archer Number One," "Archer Number Two," and "Sword Number One" were born, much to the amusement of John Smith.

Who knew John Smith could be so lazy!

Apart from Archer Number Two, John Smith had also slain nearly a hundred skeletons along the way. With his Soul Flame now abundant, he could afford to be selective. Apart from the soul flame of skeleton mages, he didn't want anything else, leaving all the others for his three skeleton minions.

It wasn't because the soul flame had a particular taste, or because skeleton mages were particularly delicious; John Smith just believed that devouring the soul flame of skeleton mages would be much better than absorbing anything else. His evidence? "Stun."

Speaking of "Stun," John Smith couldn't help but feel annoyed. Along the way, after devouring the soul flames of five level o skeleton mages, he only obtained one o-level "Magic Missile." It's not that only one of the five skeleton mages he devoured knew magic; it's just that the other four happened to know either "Blind" or "Stun."

This left John Smith feeling extremely frustrated. If it weren't for the intense sense of fullness from devouring five skeleton mages, he wouldn't have stopped.

Upon entering the cave, John Smith directed his three skeleton minions to arrange their spoils neatly. Of course, the so-called spoils were just over a dozen skeleton mage skulls. Though he couldn't finish them all, John Smith had no intention of wasting them. Refusing to acknowledge the fact that his luck seemed to be at an all-time low, he decided to digest them all. He refused to believe that after swallowing all these skeleton mage skulls, he couldn't unearth a few more spells.

"Alright, it's done. You three guard the entrance and don't allow any skeletons to approach!" John Smith commanded his dumb skeletons, before sitting down and fully immersing himself in his Soul Flame, carefully searching.

Since subduing the skeleton archer and sword-wielding skeleton, John Smith had vaguely felt that there was something extra in his head. But no matter how hard he looked, he couldn't find anything. This feeling made John Smith uneasy, so upon his return, he had his skeletons stand guard to allow himself to search undisturbed.

"Who needs a 'golden finger' anyway?" John Smith thought to himself.

Ten minutes later, John Smith's eyes lit up with excitement, and he grinned widely, almost losing his teeth. Because before him appeared four familiar pages.

Master

Name: John Smith

Race: Low-level Undead (Skeleton Mage)

Strength: Level 1 (Iron)

Talent: —

Evolution Direction: ???

Evaluation System: No evaluation rights without the master's permission.

Minion

Contract Method: Low-level Magic Contract

Name: Archer Number One

Race: Low-level Undead (Skeleton Archer)

Strength: Level o (Iron)