⁀➴ 02. | and they were roommates

Start from the beginning

What else did this day have in store for them?

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

".....You brought us to a cliff? "

Almost everyone standing here right now was utterly disappointed after having spent a good 20 minutes hiking into a forest adjacent to the cul-de-sac.

They had reached the edge of the forest after some complaints, meeting Taurus at the edge of a cliff.

"You're not gonna jump are you?" Capricorn asked.

Taurus shot him a look. "I dunno, why don't you check to see if it's safe for me?"

           "I'm finna push both of y'all 'cause what the fuck are we doing out here?" Virgo scowled, cleaning out her shoes from having walked on a dirt path.

Taurus frowned, gesturing to the open space past the cliff. "You guys can't sit and enjoy the sunset? Damn."

            "We're trying to move in." Sag mumbled.

            "Move in with what? We might as well have come here with our bare naked asses."

Touché. The group faced the sky, a mix of pink and yellow hues granting a sense of momentary peace. It was pretty, and because it was growing so late, few stars had already appeared in the sky.

But of course, peace wasn't made for everyone.

            "This is boring." Libra broke the silence, swinging from a tree branch.

            "I was gonna say that." Cancer chipped in, already pulling out her phone.

            "Well, you're free to go skydiving to cure your boredom." Taurus spits back, pointing past the cliff.

Libra almost seemed to consider that option. Cancer did not.

            "It's not bad guys!" Scorpio, who had revived an hour earlier, went towards the edge of the cliff and smiled. "It kinda reminds me of home."

            "The home we were banished from." Aries reminded her.

            "The home that had 5-course meals..." Aquarius grumbled, patting her tummy.

            "The home that literally isn't falling apart," Gemini added in.

Scorpio's eye twitched. "The home that we will eventually return to! Now let's take a picture in front of the pretty sky."

A lot of them exchanged uncertain looks, still miserable over their situation. Virgo was the first to approach, her eyes gleaming at the idea of a photo op.

            "Oooh, the sky brightens my skin so beautifully." She mused, standing next to Scorpio at the edge of the cliff and ushering the others to join in.

One by one they came forward, squeezing in and trying to get into frame. Virgo used her hair to hold her phone, bringing it far away enough so they could get everyone and the sky in the photo.

            "Smile..!" She grinned with those pearly whites of hers.

            "Fat chance." Pisces spat.

            "Wait, do we say cheese—?"

            "I am not saying that."

            "Hurry UP my cheekbones hurt!"

"Oh? Your ass cheeks?"

"Fuck you Capri–"

"Is that an invitation, Gem?"

Click! Virgo takes the photo and everyone becomes less tense, pulling away before they start swinging at each other.

            "I think I blinked." Leo frowned, rubbing his eyes.

            "I hate my smile..." Taurus mumbled, shaking her head as Virgo showed everyone the photo.

            "It's so cute you're buggin'," Aries pouted. "My HAIR, however-"

There were some complaints, some opting for another photo while others wanted it to be over and done with.

Scorpio smiled, her heart fluttering. "Hey, maybe things here might not be so ba—"

Just as she was about to compliment Earth for the first time, the ground underneath them suddenly gave way and collapsed, causing the group to scream and scramble to reach a safe spot.

            "Oh shit—" Capricorn cringed, watching as everyone except Scorpio made it.

She had fallen back, immediately plummeting with a high-pitched scream.

            "I JUST REVIVED GOD DAMMIIIIIIIIIIT!" They screamed on the way down.

There was a long pause and everyone was silent until they heard a loud thud, flinching when realizing Scorpio most definitely died from the impact.

           "Welp, there goes the third revival." Aquarius blinked.

            "We're at the third???" Gemini asked, her face warped with confusion.

            "She died an hour ago." Leo shrugged, peering over the cliff. "What is that, five?"

Everyone else nodded. "Mhm."

In the end, they had to travel down to retrieve Scorpio's body, and by the time they got back, it was nightfall and they all passed out in their respective homes.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Btw there's absolutely no update schedule with this book, it just gets updated when I feel like it lmao-