Confession

Edwin's eyes jolted. "What?" He had thought she was asleep when he did that. "The kiss? You know, "She's so fucking beautiful.." That one."She said copying the sound of his voice. Edwin started to blush, he was embarrassed, caught. What would you do if your best friend caught you kissing them? Well, Edwin stuttered. Sat up on the bed and rubbed the back of his head.

"Do you like me?" A'Riauna asked but she was met with silence. Edwin started to think harder about this, it wasn't just about him. A'Riauna could've been mad, sad, or confused. A'Riauna stood up and sighed. "Just forget about it.." She mumbled as she was going to walk away but just as she was about to take a step Edwin grabbed A'Riauna's hand. "Wait." He said, making A'Riauna pause. "I do like you." He smiled, "A lot."

A'Riauna was surprised, she wasn't expecting Edwin to say it like this. "I like you so much, I can't even imagine what life would be like if I hadn't met you." He says, his beautiful teeth showing in his smile as it grew bigger. "I can't think without thinking about you, I can't breathe without thinking of you, I can't do anything. You're..." Edwin sighed, "You're so talented, honest, funny..." He laughed as he looked away. "You're smart..." He slightly gripped A'Riauna's hand. "And gorgeous."

He stared back into A'Riaunas eyes, his eyes almost shimmering in the lit bedroom. "Really fucking gorgeous." His voice had gotten deeper. "And.. I'm sorry if I made you feel any type of way when I kissed you. I just.." His grip softened as he rubbed her hand with his thumb.

"I could help it. It was sort of a reaction when I saw your face."

A'Riauna stared into his eyes, "A reaction?" She repeated.

"You don't know how hard I try to hold back." Edwin frowned and looked away. He sighed, "And yes, I love being your best friend.. but, I'd also love being the one you can hug a certain way," He paused before smiling and continuing. "The one where you can kiss whenever you want, the one that you can love on in a different kind of way..." He looked back at A'Riauna who's face was flushed. She covered her mouth with her other hand. "The fact that I like you is... No.." He stops himself.

"I love you, A'Riauna."

He grabs A'Riauna's other hand from her mouth and holds both of her hands. "The fact that I love you knowing that there's pretty much no possibility for you to love me back is.. stupid..." He bit his lips, "So again, even after all of my confessions... I'm sorry. For kissing you. without your permission." Edwin added before letting go of A'Riauna's hands.

A'Riauna stood there in shock, she was blushing harder. "You love me?" She says. Edwin turned his head the other way.

"I do"