Fever || Highschool au

Dazai POV

I was sitting on the sofa in my dorm, scrolling through TikTok on my phone, when I heard the door open, then close a few seconds later. 

It was Friday, so tomorrow I had no school, and chuuya had gotten in trouble and had to stay extra time. Basically, he got detention, though teachers claim otherwise.

After a few seconds, I felt familiar arms wrap around my neck from behind me. I smiled, and leaned my head back, looking up.

Chuuya had finally gotten back after an hour and a half of me waiting.

Chuuya leaned down and pecked me on the lips before laying his head on my shoulder near my neck.

I smiled, playing with his hair.

"Tired?"

I asked after a few seconds. He nodded and walked over to the front of the sofa to sit on my lap. I smiled, and held him closer, wrapping his arms around my chest.

We sat like that for about an hour, before I heard my phone ringing.

I took my phone out of my pocket, chuuya still clinging on to me tightly as I placed a hand on his back.

I held the phone up to my ear, and after a few seconds I heard Ranpo start talking.

"Hey, Zai, me and Poe are going on a date, and were wondering if you and chuuya would like to make it double. You guys up to it?"

I heard him ask through the phone.

"Uhm..."

I looked down at chuuya, who shook his head gently. I set my hand on his head, slightly massaging it.

"Nah, maybe tomorrow. Thanks, though!"

I said, making sure not to talk too loud as to not disturb chuuya.

"Alright. You guys have fun then, I guess!"

He said before hanging up.

I set the phone down beside me on the sofa, and switched positions so that we were laying down, chuuya hugging me tightly as he laid beside me.

I leaned down and kissed his forehead.

"You okay?"

I asked him, slightly worried because his forehead felt a bit too hot.

"My head hurts... A little..."

He mumbled quietly.

"Would you like me to get some ice, or a heating pad? Or anything for you to eat?"

I asked him quietly, my voice kind and caring.

"Uhm... Will you have to get up...?"

He asked, burying his face into my chest. I chuckled a bit.

"Yes, darling, I'll have to get up."

"Then no..."

He mumbled, hugging me tighter.

"You sure you don't want anything? Not even a few painkillers, at least?"

I asked him, smiling.

"No...! Stay... I don't want anything right now except for you..."

He mumbled. I chuckled slightly.

"Darling, itll help you feel better. Please, at least a painkiller?"

I said, sitting up so his face was laying on my stomach.

"... Fine. Just carry me when you get up..."

He mumbled after a few seconds. I smiled, and pulled him up, wrapping his legs around my waist, and his arms around my neck.

"Thank you, chu."

I said as I stood up and carried him over to the bathroom.

I looked through the cabinet, and got a few pills. I got a cup of water, and told him to open his mouth. He did, and I put a pill in his mouth, handing him the cup of water so he could take a drink of it.

He finished taking the pills, and I carried him into my room.

I laid down with him, cuddling him in my arms, comfortable and calm.

---------------------------------------------------------------- THE END -------------------------

words: 553

Hope you liked that one!! I have a pretty decently sized list of angst ideas, but i still appreciate all the ideas you guys give me! :3

Karl: 🦝

-Your sh!tty, forgettable writer,
                                                        Stellar