•1•

Hester, leaning against the castle wall, sighed.

"I can't wait to get out of here."

"Too many pastel colours." Anadil agreed.

"Too many boys."

"Too many sweet little birdies."

"Oh, come on, I love it here!" Dot exclaimed, munching on a chocolate leaf.

It was nearly a week since Tedros and Agatha's wedding, and the coven was staying at Camelot Castle. Dot was having the time of her life, taking archery lessons from her mother, gossiping with Sophie, and enjoying Chef Silkima's excellent cooking, but the other two-thirds of the coven were anxious to leave and start their new, self-set quest.

"We specifically told Tedros we didn't want to see him again, and Camelot couldn't be our sponsor." Hester huffed. "So why are we still here?"

"Maybe Agatha's punishing us." Anadil suggested. "For wearing black to her wedding."

"Tedros putting ideas in her head again." Hester rolled her eyes.

"I remember when she used to be cool." Anadil sighed wistfully.

"Before-" the two girls mimed puking in unison - "Tedros."

"Can't you two be nice?" Dot scolded. "Tedros has been lovely to us. And besides, you contemplated kicking me out of the coven in favour of Agatha, so forgive me if I don't think of that time with the fondest memories."

"But a coven is always three." Hester reasoned.

"That's what we agreed." Anadil nodded.

"And I wasn't going to kick Ani out, was I?"

"And I was hardly likely to kick Hester out!"

"Oh, so I'm the spare part, am I?"

The two witches looked at each other, grinned at Dot, and nodded.

"Next time you have a craving for chocolate, I'll make you pay like everyone else."

"Oh please, we were the ones who suggested you sell your chocolate pieces in the first place!" Hester rolled her eyes. Dot huffed.

"Hey, there you are!" A bright, boyish voice called.

A young man with blonde curls, blue eyes, and a stupid smile on his face came up to the witches.

Anadil's rats hissed and Hester's demon pulled a face. Dot waved cheerily.

"Go die in a ditch, Tedros." Anadil said, glaring.

"Woah, just wanted to know what you're doing!" He laughed.

"Sunbathing." Hester snapped. "What do you think?"

"We're just chatting, Teddy." Dot smiled.

"Well, lunch is being served in ten minutes. Thought you should know."

"Thanks, Teddy. See you in ten." Dot wiggled her fingers as Tedros retreated.

"What the hell was that?" demanded Hester.

"He really brings out the Ever in you." Anadil muttered.

"It's like you've never met the boy!" Dot scoffed. "If you're snarky, he'll end up staying longer. If you're nice, he'll leave you alone."

"I'd rather slit my throat than be nice to him." Anadil declared with venom.

"Same."

Dot rolled her eyes.

"Suit yourself. I'm going to lunch."

She flounced off, leaving Hester and Anadil alone.

"What is up with that girl?" Hester asked, dark eyes flashing.