Fifteen | Happy Birthday, Elle

Comincia dall'inizio

"Welcome to my home." Elle spoke sarcastically letting me inside.

I chuckled, following along as she closed the small door behind us.

The home was small, but comforting. It wasn't surprising why Elle will choose a getaway place like this, especially on her birthday. Every little aspect seemed so "homey" and even I wouldn't mind running away and living here forever.

"It's so nice and small. Comforting though. Did ya spend the night well here?" I asked, looking around.

"Of course. It does get a little chilly at night, but it's just the England weather, I guess." Elle smiled.

I stared as she placed the sunflowers onto a random vase from the house and ran some water from the kitchen sink.

The entire setting seemed fake. It felt like I was inside a movie and she was the actress. It must've been the interior of the home, but whatever it was, I was enjoying it.

"Welcome to England," I laughed. "It's summer, so ya might get tons of rain, but the skies are blue today." I smiled.

"They know it's my birthday." Elle said in sarcasm, blushing as she placed the flower vase on the small kitchen table.

Elle brought her posture up, standing around the table as she eyed me across.

"I really like your outfit. Denim on denim...that's a really nice style." She complimented, looking down at the blue on my clothing.

I followed her eyes, looking down at my buttoned-up denim shirt down to my feet as I wore white converse.

"Oh, haha, thank you. I tried my best. We're matching." I stared at her low white converse.

Elle looked down at the matching shoes, and blushed with a fainted laugh, "Wow, we are! Copy-cat."

I smiled widely, "I'm full of surprises."

"Do you want water or anything?" Elle asked, looking around, "Wish I can provide you with more options, but I need to head down the shops for sodas and all." She laughed nervously.

"Oh, do ya?" I laughed, "It's okay, not that thirsty, but thank you."

Again, I eyed Elle's movements. Drinking water from a small cup as her lashes flickered at me.

"Any plans for your special day?" I questioned. "Don't let me stop ya from doing them. I'm just a statue right now." I stood still.

Elle rolled her eyes at my commentary and leaned against the sink, "Hm, well, I was actually just planning on staying here. I just had to head down the market for a few more groceries. Maybe, get myself a little cake and bring it home."

"You're really independent, aren't ya?"

Elle shrugged, "I'm trying to be."

"Well, that's great. And I see that yer' little hand of yours got better. It functions." I pointed down at her recovered hand.

Looking down, Elle rose her left hand and laughed.

"Of course. Still a little jiggly, but better than nothing. Let's hope it stays that way."

"It will." I smiled.

"Do you want to join me down the shops? You don't have to. I'm not sure how long of your day you have with me, but—"

"Oh, shut up," I interrupted Elle, "Let's go. I'll love some small walks."

Noelle