ꕥ Chapter 6

The Year 2057                                                                                                                                                                   The cactus Legend

i woke up to a warm but wet pillow and looked at the time... 'Yay!' school.

when i arrived i was in a mood worse than the Grinch himself, i did not want to be in this classroom, listening to Mrs. Diana and sitting next to Mr. rude aka: Christof. i was listening but the word went in and out nothing actually stayed in. we were discussing different plant and their purpose in the environment, then something finally woke the moody Grinch up. "You will all be doing a presentation on a plant that fascinates you, i want you to tell us a story about this plant and what you learn from it." my eyes, ears and hands were ready to go, this was something i was good at! "B.D will hand out a selection of papers each with places to fill in your experiences with your plant, at the very end you will write a formally written story on your plant. any questions before we move on?" i saw some kids raise their hands, but all i was focusing on was B.D handing me that paper. i muttered a thank you and luckily, B.D didn't hear me. at lunch while i was eating and browsing through the presentation, Christof came up to me and told me i should meet with him at the entrance of the bathrooms. i really didn't want to go but i decided. why not? as i was waiting, Christof finally appeared, "Sorry I'm a bit late, but i was wondering could-" "Hi Lizzie!" Taylor came form behind Christof, "are you doing the presentation?" i got a bit nervous but i managed to say, "Y-Yah of course!" he smiled, and i felt my face heat up "Well then, you wouldn't mind coming over to my place right after school?" i paused, wait. my crush is asking me over to his house? i can't believe it! "Yes, why not? we can get to know each other on the bus!" he nodded his head. and as if on que the bell rang, i felt like i was in a movie or something, nodded and said, "Well i'll be headed to my next class" i smiled at him as he left, s Christof was about to continue whatever he was going to say, i walked away letting out a quick apology as i skipped off to my next class.

When i exited the last class of the day and started walking to the bus stop, i felt a tap on my shoulder. "Hey! you ready." i turned to see Taylor and smiled awkwardly before adjusting my posture and tone of voice, "I'm definitely ready, I'm excited to come over. I'll just ask my parents on the bus," he nodded in understanding and when we got on the bus, we sat together. i looked out the window and tried to think of a question to ask, "so what is your stop?" he turned to me and thought for a moment, "Stop 7." i nodded, "My stop is number 6, just before yours" he smiled, "So we're not too far away from each other!" i smiled with him, "Yep, you never know who's your neighbor!" he silently laughed and asked, "Are you excited about the presentation?" i turned to look at him, "Of course!" he scrunched his face at my comment, "I don't know why your excited? Plants are so...dirty and high maintenance." my insides got uncomfortable at his hurtful words. "stop 3!" the buss driver yelled.

"Well, i love plants! they're really fascinating and there are millions and millions of different kinds to look at, some exotics some normal but all play an important role in-" "society? yah, had that rundown this morning, I've had enough of stupid plants. i was trying to have fun getting to know you." i looked at him mad at what he was saying, who does he think he is talking about plants that way. can't he appreciate the beauty they give! "Well, my life is centered on plants, i love them so, so much. and if you're going to talk about them in that manner i will-" "you'll what?" i looked at him angrier than ever, "I haven't finished my-" "your rundown on the pathetic, dirty, good for nothing plants!" he smirked, having fun taunting me. "Stop 5" the bus driver yelled, i was waiting for the moment he said stop 6 because i would storm off the bus leaving Taylor, my Ex-crush, feeling hopeless on the bus. "your a nerd about plants, no wonder your excited about this silly, task-of-a-presentation." "Nerd? i prefer the term: Hella' smarter than your sorry butt" he looked some what offended and as he was about to say something-