The horn rang.

We both looked at each other and smushed our sandwiches into our mouths and hurried to class.

In survival you will learn how to survive and fight from/against fishermen and humans, said mrs. Kotch our survival teacher. We were in survival class listening to mrs. Kotch. If humans find you then they will take you to labs and experiment on you with chemicals she countinued.

Then she talked about how they dissect you and all that. I wanted to gag. Penny looked like she was going to throw up. Finally class was over. We all stumbled out feeling sick.

History was as boring as could be. Mrs. Chlass talked in a boring robot voice. In. History. You. Will. Learn. All. About. The. History. And. Stories. About. The. Sea. At one point I fell actually fell asleep and penny had to shake me awake. I thought about tommorow and how I would have to dance with a merboy. Penny tapped me on my shoulder. Huh I asked. I looked around and saw that no one was there. Class was over, I was to busy thinking about tommorow that I hadn't noticed. Come on she said.

Ahhhhhhh! I screamed in my head. I mentally smacked my head against a wall. I was so tired.......all I wanted to do was sleep............SEAWATER! Snapped mrs. Work ( yes, her name was mrs. Work) your slowing down, come on! Swim faster! Don't sleep! I was in advanced swimming trying to break all my bones and pull all my muscles. Whooooooo! Mrs.work rang the whistle that signaled the end of class. Haaaaah, I sighed, exhausted. Penny pulled up next to me panting like a dog. Lets........go......to.......music she panted. We grabbed our bags and headed there.

Our music teacher, mrs. Cuff, told us that first we would learn about music then actually sing.

Some of our learning would include sirens, mermaids who trapped fishermen with their singing, and sunk their ships. We would learn to sing beautifully by the end of the year! I couldn't wait. Mrs. Cuff was the nicest teacher I had ever met.

Finally, finally, finally school was over. I was so tired all I wanted to do was go home, eat pizza and sleep. Offfff * falls down*. Everyone was rushing out into the open sea. I felt myself being dragged by penny. Hey, do you want to come to my house? She asked. Uhhhh, how 'bout tommorow I said. Ok! She yelled. My house is that way she pointed to the right. My house is on the left I said. Soon we got to a cross point, penny went right and I went left.

I didn't know where to go! I frantically looked around trying to remember where to go. I was on the verge of crying when someone tapped me on my shoulder. I quickly spun around to see who it was; it was mom and dad! I was so happy to see them, I hugged them them both as tight as I could. Mom and dad lead the way home. This time I payed attention.

How was your day? Asked mom. Exhausting I replied. I told her all about my day even the part about ballroom dancing. Oh! Mom said, I remember that, that's where I met your dad she said. Really? I asked. Uh huh, nodded dad, I still remember the dance moves he said, then mom and dad started dancing. Mom giggled like a teenager. I decided to leave them alone.

I went to the fridge and took out a pizza and ate it frozen. I flopped down on the couch and watched TVD I absolutely loved Damon! After a while mom made dinner; Alfredo pasta. Mom I said I'm going to sleep I said. So early Myrna? She asked, it's only 7:00. Yeah, I'm really tired I said with a fake yawn. Okay, she said. In truth I was to nervous about tommorow. I went into the covers and fell asleep.

* next day *

I gulped as we entered mermen academy. I was even more nervous today because mrs. Snap had made an announcement that we would be in mermen academy throughout homeology, break and lunch. She also said that we would be going there every day until the unit was over. My hands started shaking. Each of you will be pared with a partner for the whole unit. She went down the list pairing us up. Penny tail she read you will be with Ryan Seacrest. Myrna seawater you will be with Riley Angelfish. Riley had sandy blond hair and blue eyes and a green tail. You could tell he went to the gym often. Everyone pair up with you partners said mr. Strong (mermen academy's homeology teacher) now watch us he said, he and mrs. Snap went in a opening position. Everyone else did the same.

I put my shaking left hand on Riley's shoulder. Riley hesitated before wraping his right arm around my waist. We put my right hand and his left hand together and swayed to the music. I kept my head low.Mrs. Snap swam across the room helping different merfolk. Head up! She snapped at me. And move closer, he won't bite! I reluctantly lifted my head up and moved closer to Riley. I could tell Riley was felling uncomfortable, make that two of us. Riley was a good two feet taller than me. I starred at his deep blue eyes, they were like the most beautiful oceans. His sandy blond hair swept lightly on to his forehead. His chest slowly moved up and down with every breath. I could feel his hand on my waist, gently guiding me.

*Riley's POV*

Her bright green eyes looked deep into mine. Her dark brown hair swayed as she moved. I could hear her breath gently. My hand guided her small waist as she danced. Her pink lips were perfect. She was so beautiful. I couldn't stop looking at her.

*Myrna's POV*

I kept staring into his eyes and he stared in my eyes. Something was wrong. I realized that we had stopped dancing; we were just standing there looking at each other. I also realized that the music had stopped. I broke my eyes away from Riley's and my cheeks turned red in embarrassment as did Riley's; everyone was watching us. Riley quickly let go of my waist and I let go his shoulder. We both looked down, embarrassed. Everyone started laughing.

Break time! Yelled Mrs.Snap. I shuffled towards Penny, we went to the courtyard. Sooooo..... Said Penny. What? I asked. you and him........she smiled as she said that. It was nothing I replied. Oh really? She said.

Penny: it was so cute, you both just kept starring at each other

Penny: you like him don't you?

Me: no......well maybe........a little bit

Penny: awwww I knew it!

Penny: he's so cute I wish he was my partner.

Me: he has the deepest blue eyes

Penny: I know! He's perfect, ask him out

Me: what!? No!

Penny: why not

Me: I don't know. It's just to early. I'm not even sure he likes me

Penny: of course he likes you he kept starring at you, you both didn't even notice when the music stopped.

Me: fine, I'll ask him out tommorow

Penny: yeah! Trust me, you two are perfect for each other.

I sighed, even if I asked him out it would never work. I was half human, he was a merfolk.

________________________________________

This is dedicated musicaddict54 for giving me ideas when I had writers block.

The next chapter will start from lunch at mermen academy.

Awww aren't Myrna and Riley so cute together!

I choose the song naturally because I think it described Myrna and Riley :)

Comment*

Vote

Fan