Chapter 3

I was back at home drinking a glass of water. I don't get it I said why did I turn into a mermaid when I went into the water, why not when I take showers? Well said mom "it only works when you actually go into a body of water"

" how do you become half mermaids anyway"

"It's when one parent is a mermaid and and the other is a human"

"Is that why I never met grandpa seawater and grandma yellow-fin?"

"Yes"

" there alive?"

"Yes, there in the mermaidia"

"What's mermaidia?"

"That's the Capitol of oceana; oceana is were all merfolk live"

"Why didn't you ever tell me about being mermaids"

"Ah, sweety just say merfolk; mermaids are female merfolk male are called mermen"

"And the answer is because Neptune, the king of oceana hates humans and its against the law for a merfolk to marry a human. That's why we don't go in the ocean anymore and why we didn't tell you sooner."

"Why does he hate them?"

"Because years ago humans used to capture merfolk and experiment on them"

"Oh"

"Now that you turning 17 it's time for you to attend Mermaid Academy"

"What's mermaid academy?" It's we're mermaids go to get lessons on stronger swimming etc.

It's like a high school for mermaids. Mermen go to Mermen Academy. Did you guys go too? Yes, your mom and I went to its really fun, don't worry. We weren't sure if we should sent you because you half human; when we went we had to hide the fact that we were half human, but now we think you should go it's a nice learning experience. But how will I go? I can't swim and I know nothing about oceana! Don't worry honey you still have a month before you have to start; well teach you everything you need to know as we'll as a field trip to go see grandpa seawater and grandma yellow-fin. "Really!!" Awesome! Well you should go to sleep now Myrna, classes start tommorow!

I ran and jumped into bed I was so happy I was half mermaid, I would meet other mermaids soon. I fell asleep and and had a dream about having a best friend who was half mermaid just like me! I smile escaped through my mouth.

_______________________________________________

Classes tommorow

What's going to be the first lesson?

Will Myrna pass?

Will she fail?

_______________________________________________

Comment.

Vote.

Like.