Fair

The usually quiet and peaceful Pelican town was today crowded with attractions, food stalls, curiosities and strange faces of tourists who arrived here early in the morning. The reason? The Stardew Valley fair.

Alex was fine with it. Things were getting exciting and that was refreshing. Playing in the strength game was his all time favorite and he had been training all summer to show the game's stout man that this year he was going to break the record. But first he was going to meet Haley.

He would be lying if he said that these last few months had not been difficult for him, emotionally speaking, but he was already feeling much better. As he walked along he watched the villagers putting the finishing touches on their displays and as always Pierre had been the first to arrive. Perhaps he just wanted to be the first to show off his product display to everyone.

-Oh Alex, hello! Come here son.

"Tsk" he said to himself with a half smile on his face. He really didn't want to have to listen to the old man chatter and brag like he did every year, but he didn't want to be rude. Without much enthusiasm he approached with his hands in the pockets of his sport jacket, but with a relaxed expression as always.

-Hello Mr. Pierre, I see you are the first as usual.

-Of course I am! What do you think? The best products in the valley can only be found at Pierre's! A winning exhibition if you ask me.

The young man passed his gaze over Pierre's stand. It seemed that the man had reserved the best of the best for months, carefully selecting each product in his warehouse for this fair. He was determined to win. Who would want to compete like that?

Then his eyes stopped to look at the empty spaces next to his exhibit. There was one more slot for an extra competitor.

-Ehh? Are you sure about that?

Alex smiled with a teasing expression closing his eyes. His tone almost sounded challenging. Pierre tried to hide his discomfort with a nervous laugh; he adjusted his shirt and made an excuse to go look for his wife. Alex chuckled internally as he walked away from the exhibit on his way to the two sisters' house.

Everyone in the village had been the same for as long as he could remember, but at the same things felt different. Proof of that was Pierre's reaction, on his ever confident face he saw a flash of worry. He realized that for sure this year ____ was going to participate in the exposition.

Maybe today would be the year that the proud Pierre would lose his undefeated crown after all these years. Finally a rival would appear to take the title away from him.

Although the same could apply to him, however, here there was nothing to "win"; he knew that the heart did not understand reasons. That was a reality. Maybe that's why he was taking it so well. That was at least the conclusion he had come to.

___ appeared like a whirlwind and things began to change in the town. No, he even dared to say that things were changing in the whole valley thanks to her.

People liked her. He liked her too, although a part of him couldn't help but be a little jealous of her. But as the weeks went by he gradually came to accept it. Working out in some way helped him deal with other problems in his life; this was no exception. He soon came to the conclusion that, above everything else, Haley's happiness was what mattered most to him, even if it wasn't with him. Hell, he even cared about the happiness of ____ to whom he also grew fond of as a valued friend, so he came up with the following plan to bring them closer and hopefully bring their hearts closer as well.

When he got to the door he knocked a couple of times, turned the door knob when he heard Haley's voice on the other side telling him that he could come in since it was open.