Part 14

Katniss pov

I walked back into my house and sat on my perch on the couch next to Gale. My hand found his. I looked at him and smiled. "I love you to." i whispered so quietly it was barely audible. I kept looking at him. I was sad. I was happy. I was angry. Ugg my emotions were flying. After about three hours of sitting and being sad, my mom finally came home from the shop down the road. "Hi katniss" she said. "Hey mom" I replied. My voice, I notice sounded tiered and rugged. "Honey you have to sleep. You have eat something. I'm starting to worry about you." She sat there for a minute and looked out he window. "Mom, can I talk to you?" I asked her. "Of course katniss" she answered back. She walked over to me and sat on the the chair next to the couch. "What's on your mind?" I looked at her. How was I going to explain this.... "mom, ever since I got back, I can't sleep. I feel depressed. And Gale was one of the only people that made me happy. Now he's not here...." I started to tear up again. "And I wish I was dead. Prim and Rory came out I to the woods today. And Rory told me that Gale loves me. He said he told him while I was in the hunger games" I said barely holding my voice together. "And I wish he would wake up so I could just talk to him. I wish I could tell him I love him to" I say crying hard now. "Oh katniss. Honey. listen to me. He IS going to get better. For you. For Rory. And for hazel. Don't worry. I actually got an injection at the store. It might wake him. I am really counting on it working. She took out the needle and stuck it in gales arm. So don't you worry." She said to me. "Ok. Thank you mom" I said. "Now please try to get some sleep. You look awfully tiered. "Ok. I love you" I said. "I love you to"

My mother went to bed. Everything was quiet. I laid down. "I love you too" I kept repeating quietly. I turned over so we were face to face. I leaned In so out noses were touching. For a minute I just stayed like that with my eyes closed. Then I moved in so our lips connected. Time stopped. Everything seemed perfect. Then I felt him twitch a little. I stopped the kiss. I watched his face. He started to move. I gripped his hand. Then I herd it. The most beautiful sound in the world. "Hey catnip" he whispered.