Chapter 17: CHAMPION OF THE SPORTS FESTIVAL

Start from the beginning

*TIMESKIP*

After repairs, the stage was ready and the matches had resumed. Katsuki went up against Tokoyami which ended with Katsuki winning due to Dark Shadow having a weakness against light. Shuri had almost won against Iida, but he used his reciproburst to pull through and won. Robbie and Wanda's fight was much more intense as the two basically blasted each other with energy and fire attacks, but Wanda managed to pull through and win.

Robbie: Damn, chica. You're good.

Wanda: You too. You were very close to beating me.

Shuri: (to Iida) Guess I'll need more work if I wanna fight a speedster again.

Iida: You skills in close combat is nothing to deny about. I just simply chose to end the match quickly.

Present Mic: And there you have it, folks! The end of the second round! We'll give our runner ups some prep time as we prepare the semifinals! But we've already got the deciding choices up here just to hype you all up!

The screens show Arcturus vs Iida and Wanda vs Katsuki.

Wanda: Nice. I'll get a chance to fight you, Katsuki.

Katsuki: I'll kill you, Witch Girl.

Iida: I look forward to fighting you, Farron.

Arcturus: Same. Just try to keep up.

Mina: Hey, Arc! Let's go check out some of the games here!

Arcturus: Alright, where to first?

For a bit, he and Mina played some minigames while the others prepared for their matches. It didn't take too long as soon, Arc was back and finished getting ready. During this time, Shuri saw she had gotten a few missed calls from her mom, followed by a message saying she was on her way here.

Shuri's Thoughts: That's weird. I wonder what mama wants if she's heading here?

*SHORT TIMESKIP*

Present Mic: And welcome back all you lively listeners to the first match of the semifinals! Both come from hero families, making this not just a battle of elites, but a race to see once and for all who's the fastest! That's right, it's Tenya Iida vs Arcturus Farron!

Iida's Thoughts: I can't underestimate him like Todoroki did. He has an advantage with his limitless power. Focus.

Arcturus's Thoughts: While there's a slight difference in speed between us, his new recipro burst move gives him just enough speed. I'll have to move fast to counterattack it.

Present Mic: Without further ado, racers, START!

Both take off in a blur and ran around the ring, throwing hits while moving around.

Izuku: Whoa! Look at them go!

Tsuyu: They're not wasting time.

The blurs soon stop as Iida lands a solid kick right on Arc's head, dazing him a bit.

Iida's Thoughts: I have 10 seconds before my engines stall. I have to beat him now!

He grabs Arc to run him out of the ring, but Arc regains his thoughts fast enough to begin spin dashing while Iida's still holding him.

Wanda: Oh boy. Looks like Arc has one more trick to try.

Arcturus: Your super move's cool, Iida. In fact, it gave an idea on this new trick!

Iida's thrown off and he sees Arc's spin form charging up with electricity before shooting like a pinball right into Iida, sending him out of the ring.

Arcturus: SPIN DASH CHAGRE BOLT!