Chapter 13 - Who's Nicolas Flamel?

The next day, there was a blanket of white snow on the ground. Harry and Annie went out for a walk around the main courtyard all bundled up in their warm school cloaks and Gryffindor scarves along with Hedwig and Luna that were perched on their arms. They stopped by the frozen water fountain still having Hedwig and Luna perched on their arm spreading their wings to stretch them out and bring them in after being cooped up in the castle for a long. "Are you sure this is good idea?" said Annie worried about the situation. "Of course," said Harry, "They've been cooped up inside for days and they need their fresh air." Harry then extended his arm and Hedwig flew off around the courtyard and up into the clouds. Annie watched as Hedwig flew higher and higher and released Luna who caught up with Hedwig along side. "Have a safe a flight!" said Annie. "I'm gonna miss them." But she realized something else, "What if they don't come back?" said Annie. "Don't worry," said Harry, "They'll be back." Hedwig and Luna were out of sight and Harry and Annie walked back to the common room.

It was a nice spring day and the grass was a bright green when Harry and Annie ran outside. They were late for Quidditch practice and the mud kept slowing them down. They finally made it to the Quidditch field with their uniforms on and Oliver looked very disgruntled. "You're late!!" said Oliver. "Sorry, Oliver," said Harry. "We're sorry, Oliver," said Annie, "We lost track of time studying for exams." "You know what happens to players who are late?" said Oliver. Harry and Annie shook their heads. "They stay behind to wash all the Quidditch uniforms," said Oliver. "Now, mount your brooms!! Hurry up!!!" Harry and Annie mounted on their brooms and joined up with the other team members. They joined up with the Weasley twins who were dive-bombing each other and pretending to fall off their brooms. Annie wasn't amused by this. The last thing she wanted to be reminded of was their first flying lesson and ending up in the hospital wing as a result. Flashbacks of her falling off her broom that day and landing on the grass hard and waking up in the hospital wing came flooding back in addition to watching Harry almost fall off his broom on the first Quidditch game of the session came back as well. "Will you stop messing around!!" Oliver yelled. Annie was jolted from her day-dream state. "That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match!! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!" At these words, George Weasley really did fall off his broom face first into the mud. Harry and Annie giggled and George spit out a mouthful of mud. "Snape's refereeing??" said George. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin." Then the team landed next to George and started complaining unanimously. "ENOUGH!!!" Oliver demanded. The team went quiet. "It's not my fault," Oliver continued. "We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us. Now. Mount your brooms and get back to practice. Lets go!!!" Everyone mounted their brooms and muttering under their breaths.

After practice was over, the rest of the team stayed behind to talk to one another as usual at the end of every practice while Harry and Annie went to the wash area to clean all the Quidditch uniforms as their punishment for being late. They were exhausted when they finally made it to the portrait to the to the Gryffindor common room. They didn't feel like studying or doing any of their homework, but they had to try and get some work done before they fall even further behind. When they got inside the common room, Ron and Hermione were playing Wizard Chess on the floor. Annie was surprised to see Hermione was struggling a bit with the game. "I think Ron's found Hermione's weakness," said Annie. Annie went to sit down in the armchair on Hermione's side while Harry went to sit down next to Ron when he told them, "Don't talk to me for a moment. I need to concen--." But Ron stopped himself when he saw Harry's face. "What's the matter with you?" Ron said, "You look terrible." "He's upset because Snape has a 'sinister desire' to referee the next Quidditch game," Annie explained. "Don't play," Hermione said immediately. "Say you're ill," Ron suggested. "Or pretend to break your leg," suggested Hermione. "Really break your leg," said Ron. "Or pretend you bumped your head and got a concussion and have amnesia," said Annie. Everyone looked her strangely. "What?" said Annie. "It was just a suggestion. But anyway, you still have me. I can take your place." "No!" said Harry. "I'm not gonna risk you going out there without me." Oh come on, Harry," said Annie. "I can take Snape..." "Didn't you recall what happened last time?" interrupted Harry, "I nearly fell off my broom with Snape jinxing the my broom. Now how are you gonna handle that?" Annie went silent. "Look," said Harry, "I'm gonna play. If I don't all the Slytherins will think I'm just too scared to face Snape. I'll show them... It'll really wipe the smiles off their faces if we win." "Fine," said Annie, "Then I'm playing with you. No arguments!" said Annie just went Harry was about to tell her no, but what was the point. She was gonna go out there anyway, no matter what Harry said. "Just as long as we're not wiping both of you off the field," said Hermione.